Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Oscar Svedberg 19 posts 82 karma points
    Oct 28, 2015 @ 10:07
    Oscar Svedberg

Wrong URL to Umbraco Forms license webservice ?

Hi!

I just ran into an error that occurs on a site that is currently live. When trying to reconfigure an Umbraco Forms license, the login inside Umbraco doesn't work. Looking at the request going to /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/Licensing/PostRetriveAvailableLicenses, it gives an error saying

"The request failed with the error message:
     <head><title>Document Moved</title></head> <body><h1>Object Moved</h1>This document may be found <a HREF="http://umbraco.com/webservices/licensing.asmx">here</a></body>
     --."

enter image description here

Is this an error inside of Umbraco Forms, or can I as a developer go about and change the URL to which Umbraco does its license lookup?

Running Umbraco 7.3.0.

Thanks!

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Nov 02, 2015 @ 19:59
    Mark Bowser

I'm running into the exact same problem on umbraco 7.2.8 with UmbracoForms 4.1.4, but it affects my dev and local instances as well. When I try to authenticate with umbraco.com in the backoffice to attach one of the licenses I bought, I get this error in the chrome console:

POST http://mysite.local/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/Licensing/PostRetriveAvailableLicenses 500 (Internal Server Error)

I did a little debugging in the console and was able to get more details that match up with what you were seeing:

Exception Message:

The request failed with the error message:
    --
    <head><title>Document Moved</title></head>
    <body><h1>Object Moved</h1>This document may be found <a HREF="http://umbraco.com/webservices/licensing.asmx">here</a></body>

Stack Trace:

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Web.org.umbraco.Licensing.ListLicenses(String username, String password, String productId)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Editors.LicensingController.PostRetriveAvailableLicenses(LicenseConfiguration model)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.<GetExecutor>b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

• Oscar Svedberg 19 posts 82 karma points
    Nov 03, 2015 @ 10:20
    Oscar Svedberg

Yes! I maybe should've said I'm running in to this problem on dev and test sites as well. Seems to me there's an error in a Forms assembly. A fix/workaround would be welcome!

• Francielle Castilhos 28 posts 150 karma points
    Nov 05, 2015 @ 02:12
    Francielle Castilhos

Having same issue as well when trying to login and validate a license.

• pantryfight 60 posts 84 karma points
    Nov 10, 2015 @ 01:31
    pantryfight

Same issue as well. Running Umbraco 7.2.8. Hoping this can be resolved without upgrading Umbraco as this is not really an option for us at the moment.

• Peter S 64 posts 106 karma points
    Nov 18, 2015 @ 14:17
    Peter S

Running Umbraco 7.3.1. Getting the same error while trying to retrieve the liscense for Umbraco Forms.

• Luke Phelan 14 posts 85 karma points c-trib
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 00:06
    Luke Phelan

I'm also experiencing this issue. Has anyone found a fix?

• pantryfight 60 posts 84 karma points
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 00:10
    pantryfight

You need to download your license file for the site from Umbraco.com and put it in your project's "bin" folder yourself. That won't "fix" it but it will handle the registration of your copy of Umbraco Forms.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft