Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve 140 posts 321 karma points
    Oct 25, 2015 @ 01:17
    Steve

Port of Contour Member Tools?

Hi All,
    Tim Geyssens' umbraco member tools package adds some useful member tools/functions to umbraco, but is compatible only with Contour - not Forms. This (and perhaps even additional functionality) may be planned for the future by HQ/Forms team, but for the time being has anyone been able to port Tim's project to 7.x+ ?
    Thanks, Steve

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 26, 2015 @ 19:05

Just started with the port you can follow the progress here https://github.com/TimGeyssens/MemberToolsForUmbracoForms (currently the create as member workflow is in place)

Oct 27, 2015 @ 01:41
    Steve

Wow, Tim - this works well. Thanks for taking the time to get this going. I installed by copy/paste of the code files from your src/FormsMembersTools into the respective locations in my current project (had only to add a reference to System.Runtime.Serialization) but if there is another method which is better (eg for updates) could you advise?
    Thanks - Steve

Oct 27, 2015 @ 07:54

Well you could download the source and compile so you have a dll you can deploy, but once the bits are in place I'll set it up on appveyor so it build there and you can get the bits there

Oct 27, 2015 @ 13:52
    Steve

Great. Thanks, Tim. It's been good to look at the files but a dll would be very easy to handle. Will check back again for updates.
    In this first release I noticed that if a form is completed with a username which is already assigned to a member the workflow silently fails - no user is created and no message back indicating the failure.

Oct 27, 2015 @ 14:20

yeah there should be validation first to make sure the username is unique, you can do that with hooking into the event model, but would love to make that easier so thinking of another approach, possible just a custom fieldtype

Oct 27, 2015 @ 14:36
    Steve

Sounds like that would work nicely. I'd like to work on a custom fieldtype, extending the textbox but now can't find where/how to add properties - or is this even possible?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft