Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Bowser 273 posts 860 karma points c-trib
    Sep 22, 2015 @ 20:45
    Mark Bowser

Post form to url workflow doesn't work with mapped fields

I am using Umbraco Contour 3.0.20 with Umbraco 7.1.8. I have a form set up with a "Post form to url" workflow. Everything appears fine at first. When I fill out the form, I am redirected to the thank you page. There's nothing in the umbraco logs that looks relevant. I can see the record of my form submission in the Entries in the backoffice Contour section. The problem is that the form was never posted to the url.

I have verified this with Fiddler. I have set up the the defaultProxy to Fiddler in my web.config, so that Fiddler will capture requests from the server. I verified that this is working in a different local umbraco site that was posting to an external API.

<defaultProxy enabled="true">
        <proxy autoDetect="False" bypassonlocal="False" proxyaddress="http://127.0.0.1:8888" usesystemdefault="False" />
    </defaultProxy>

To verify even further, I followed along with this screenr and tried posting to a page on my site with some razor that writes to a file. When I hit the page with my browser, I see that the file has been written to. When I configure my contour form to post to that page and fill out my contour form, nothing is written to the file.

Contour Post form to url workflow demo

My most recent breakthrough is that this only seems to occur when the Alias or the Field Name/Value mapped to the alias has any upper case character in it. In other words, if I map a field to alias: "Email Address", things break. However, if I change it to map to 'alias: "email address"' things work fine. Also, if I map email address to my Email Address field, the data will not post. This workflow will silently fail.

Has anyone else seen this? It seems really strange that I haven't heard any other mention of it, yet.

Here are some screenshots I hope clarify what I'm explaining:

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Sep 23, 2015 @ 06:16
    Mark Bowser

Very strange. It appears that the problem isn't a problem with upper case characters. I spent at least an hour and a half consistently reproducing it like that, but it looks like those tests were flukes of some sort (possibly influenced by the proxy to Fiddler?). Sorry for the false info...

It appears that the problem only happens when I use the mapped fields. Mapping a value works.

Sep 23, 2015 @ 06:45
    Mark Bowser

I installed the UmbracoContour_3.0.28_update package, and all my problems are solved!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft