Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erick 19 posts 89 karma points
    Sep 22, 2015 @ 08:55
    Erick

Umbraco Forms - Adding user restrictions

Hi I just installed umbraco forms into the application am developing. At present the end user will be able to configure and change the settings on the form.

I want to restrict this capability so that they cant accidentally make changes or brake the form but still allow access to the work flows and and entries.

Is this possible?

If so could someone offer some suggestions on how best to implement this.

Thanks in advance.

Oct 08, 2015 @ 08:50
    Erick

Any answer for feed back would be appreciated ???

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 08, 2015 @ 08:55
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ecick,

User permissions is not possible in Umbraco Forms right now as you propebely know from Contour, but it could be of the feature that we should add in one of the next releases of Umbraco Forms.

Try to see this thread https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/71843-umbraco-forms-or-contour-for-umbraco-v7, then you can add some features that you would love to see in the Umbraco Forms product.

/Dennis

Oct 08, 2015 @ 09:22
    Erick

Hi Dennis, thanks for your reply, I will take a look at the link, am not actually familiar with Contour as I only recently started using Umbraco.

I've given the user editor permissions which removes the Forms tab, but they are still able to see the contact form node.

The problem with this is that they can still access the rich text editor where the macro for the form is located. Is there a way or a known work around where I could stop the user from being able to edit the contents for that particular text editor? There are other text editors on various doc types which they would still need access too?

Thanks

Erick

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Oct 08, 2015 @ 11:05
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Erick,

As I understand your question, you have disabled the Umbraco Forms section of a given user, and you now also want to set permissions on the content node where the form macro is used.

You can add user permissions to the node. If you go to the users section. Then open up the user permissions folder. After this click on the use that you want to limit the access to this node.

I have made a screenshot to make it easier to see what I mean.

enter image description here

In the screenshot above the user Dennis can not edit the node Go further.

You will also find some video tutorials about user permissions on Umbraco TV http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/content-editor/administrative-content/users/user-permissions/

Hope I have understand your question correctly and it can be a solution for you to solve your problem.

/Dennis

Oct 08, 2015 @ 11:40
    Erick

That's great.. this is exactly what I was looking for.

Appreciate the help, Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft