Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Aug 27, 2015 @ 16:26
    karen

Contour still throwing errors on .net 4 servers

Contour is supposed to work on .net 4 but does not...

I see there has been an update to Contour (v 3.0.28). I was hoping on the next release something would be done to fix the issue about errors on .net 4 servers (see https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/42981-Could-not-load-type-SystemRuntimeCompilerServicesExtensionAttribute-from-assembly-mscorlib)

However these errors still occur when contour is on servers without .net 4.5. Whenever I try to log into Umbraco, I get the error. It used to be that I would get the error once, then a reload of the page it would go away. Touching the web.config doesn't seem to work anymore, it seems I have to recopy all the files into the bin folder to make the error go away (I don't know why this is but that is the only thing that seems to work)

I can't really revert to old versions of Contour that don't have this problem, as then other issues that have been fixed in newer versions arise.

So wondering why this wasn't addressed? As all that needs to be done is do the latest contour build on a server that doesn't have 4.5 on it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft