Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave de Moel 122 posts 574 karma points c-trib
    Aug 26, 2015 @ 13:07
    Dave de Moel

Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.WebApi.UmbracoApiController'

Hello,

I am currently working on a project running Umbraco 4.11.10 and I need to install Contour. However, whenever I try to install it, or any other packages for that matter, I receive the following error:

Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.WebApi.UmbracoApiController' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4926.14929, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. 

I checked, and it seems the umbraco.dll assembly indeed does not include the Umbraco.Web.WebApi namespace. How can I resolve this issue?

edit: I also tried installing contour as a local package, but I receive the same error.

edit: Nuget verifies that all files in the nuget package are the correct version as well:

PM> Update-Package UmbracoCms -Version 4.11.10 
    No updates available for 'UmbracoCms' in project 'WZA.Corporate.Web'.

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 26, 2015 @ 13:17

Guess that version of Umbraco doesn't have the UmbracoApiController yet, any chance you can upgrade to v6 / v7 ?

Aug 26, 2015 @ 13:25
    Dave de Moel

No I can't upgrade. But the thing is, why would the package installer of version 4.11.10 require the ApiController, if it doesn't support the ApiController? :/

Aug 26, 2015 @ 13:30

It's the package that has a reference to the api controller and can't find it in the current version I'm sure some package will install fine

Aug 26, 2015 @ 13:37
    Dave de Moel

Then where can I find the proper version of Contour for version 4.11.10? The version I can download here on https://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour also gives the error. :(

enter image description here

Aug 26, 2015 @ 13:41

Archive of releases can be found here http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/

Aug 26, 2015 @ 13:57
    Dave de Moel

Okay, and what version would I need then? I am not really wanting to try each version to find one that works :/

Did try version 3.0.18 though, and that also throws the error :/

Aug 26, 2015 @ 14:36

Will check a couple of version and let you know

Aug 26, 2015 @ 14:41

Just tried with latest for v4 version and that works in my case http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/3.0/UmbracoForms.package.3.0.29.WIP-Build.50.V4.zip

Aug 26, 2015 @ 14:44

Mind providing the whole stack trace of the error so I can see where it is coming from?

Aug 26, 2015 @ 16:10
    Dave de Moel

I'll post it tomorrow, I am currently not on my development machine so I don't have access to the necessary passwords to log in to the Umbraco Backend.

Aug 27, 2015 @ 08:50

So did that version do the trick?

Aug 27, 2015 @ 13:26
    Dave de Moel

I did not get the Original error, it almost completely installed, except the datatype :(

Datatype could not be installed + 
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\Installer.ascx.cs:line 62

And when going to the Contour section I get the following error: enter image description here

Aug 27, 2015 @ 14:52

Ok the datatype can be installed manually, that's just adding a new one and selecting form picker as the render control

Other error I'm not sure, would it be possible to send a backup of the site to tg at umbraco dot com then I can take a closer look, thanks

Aug 28, 2015 @ 06:45
    Dave de Moel

I discussed it with my boss, but he doesn't allow me to send a copy of the website in any form. I will see what happens if I try a clean install, and if I get the same erro then, I will send a copy of that. Hope I have the time to do that today.

Aug 28, 2015 @ 08:50
    Dave de Moel

Just checked on a fresh 4.11.10 site and it installed flawlessly, so it seems some file(s) are broken on the website, any idea which that might be outside of DLL's? Maybe the error I posted and the fact the datatype couldn't install can point in that direction?

I will at least compare all .config files in the website with the ones from the fresh install to check for anything that might be wrong.

Aug 28, 2015 @ 11:28

Can you check if the db tables are present, so if you see tables prefixed with UF*

Aug 28, 2015 @ 12:02
    Dave de Moel

All tables are present.

enter image description here

Aug 28, 2015 @ 12:03

Ok thanks, and can you create a form by interacting with the tree? Not sure why the dashboard fails

Aug 28, 2015 @ 13:17
    Dave de Moel

If I try to create a form via the tree I also get a null reference exception:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.InsertForm(Form form, Boolean ignoreFieldCondtionRules) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\FormStorage\FormStorage.cs:209
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Tasks.FormTasks.Save() in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Tasks\FormTasks.cs:74
       umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +683
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dialogs.createForm.sbmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\fd622d7f786e1305\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Dialogs\createForm.ascx.cs:31
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3341

Aug 28, 2015 @ 13:27

Would need to step trough the code to see why it's failing but since I can't reproduce locally without your site... and the stack trace isn't telling me sufficient

What I would try is to make sure all files are coming form the same and correct COntour versions, since you installed multiple...

So download the update archive (http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/3.0/UmbracoForms.files.3.0.29.WIP-Build.50.zip), extract and overwrite the existing contour files (but make sure to delete the Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.V7 assembly

Aug 28, 2015 @ 14:08
    Dave de Moel

I am 100% positive that I have all the files from the same contour version, as I work with source control I made sure to check in before the first installation, and deleted all local file before each try, so I consistently had a clean slate to install on.

I am really at a loss what the issue can be. I compared next to all contour and umbraco files content, avaiability and dll verions between the clean install and the website version, and all matches up so far :/

I think what I will try is take the clean install files, copy them over to the website, and see if that works, maybe some file(s) got corrupted during install otherwise I really don't know anymore what can be wrong.

Edit: Know that I think of it, maybe something went wrong installing due to source control :O Going to try one more time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft