Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jamie 35 posts 87 karma points
    Jul 24, 2015 @ 08:30
    Jamie

Vanilla 7.2.7 install and Form not installing

Topic says it all..

Decided to see how Forms worked made a new install, installed umbraco, installed a starter kit site, clicked on forms. It says its installing, then goes trough a few steps and restarts umbraco (reloads page?) .. and I'm looking at the install video again with an install button.

Restarted in IIS, recycled app pool .. and not working.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 24, 2015 @ 08:47
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Jamie,

First of all, if you havenĀ“t started your project yet on the Umbraco 7.2.7, I would recommend you to use Umbraco 7.2.8, the verion 7.2.7 has a very short release.

https://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/728/

Then you could try to install Umbraco Forms, on this one. Did you have the UmbracoForms folder in the /App_Plugins folder in your folder structure of your Umbraco installation?

If you have then you could try to download the Umbraco Forms, files here, http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/4.0/UmbracoForms.Files.4.1.4.zip and override the files in the folder, to see if it does a difference.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Jamie 35 posts 87 karma points
    Jul 24, 2015 @ 09:16
    Jamie

Hi Dennis thanks for your reply- a big help,

I do have that folder and it is populated with files. But thank you for the link as matching the other items in here I discovered the bin folder was not writeable and files were not copied in.

I downloaded this version on the 16th. Short release or not I had an expectation it was stable would be tested - while partly my fault - should not the install process check permissions and advise? (either Umbraco itself or the Forms plugin / plugin installer script)

~~~~~~ separate rant

I have a very bitter taste in my mouth about how difficult it is in Umbraco to have a simple contact form made for a site, and it seem only this paid plugin is an option if you don't / can't code. This doesn't make it very friendly compared to other CMS option out their.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft