Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jul 16, 2015 @ 19:28
    Nigel Wilson

File Upload / Multi Step Form

Hi there I have a site on 7.2.6 using Umbraco Forms (aka Contour).

The form has several steps and on step 1 we have a file upload field. This is working fine in terms of uploading the file.

However if the user goes back to step 1 the previously uploaded file is not accessible. The link of "Show current file" is displayed but it links to http://localhost:50891/apply-now/~/app_data/TEMP/FileUploads/6d825f1f-0f0d-4aae-8f9a-4a9ba4e2bcc3/myjpg.jpg

The image cannot be viewed from this location -the app_data directory is protected from public viewing.

Can anyone advise how to fix this please ?

Thanks, Nigel

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 17, 2015 @ 08:23

Looks like you found a bug, fix will be part of release 4.2 which will be out in August, but I'll try to fix it today so you can upgrade to a nightly build and don't have to wait until the final release

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 17, 2015 @ 12:02

Hmm a fix isn't as easy as I thought, what you can do as a temp workaround is remove the 'show current file' link, you can do that by updating the view \Views\Partials\Forms\Fieldtypes\FieldType.FileUpload.cshtml

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jul 17, 2015 @ 17:19
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Tim

Thanks for the prompt turnaround of having a looking at the bug an endeavouring to provide a hot fix.

We had considered hiding the link so if it does prove an issue we might do that.

Cheers again

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft