Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robby Cowell 20 posts 103 karma points
    Jul 14, 2015 @ 14:31
    Robby Cowell

Umbraco Forms 404 error when trying to access back office

I'm using Umbraco Forms for a project, it installed fine and I had experienced no problems with the software at all until I deployed it.

Now, whenever I click on the Umbraco Forms button in the LHS menu I'm greeted with these errors:

enter image description here

This indicates to me that either the files are missing, or that the backoffice Form requests are pointing to the wrong address.

I've looked through threads which seem to be demonstrating a similar problem (listed below), but none of the solutions listed work for me.

Rather than publishing the site, I simply sent all of the files over to the deployment team, so there shouldn't be any files missing, which leads me to think that there is something going wrong in the installation.

I want to try and re-install the package, but Forms is not listed in the Installed Packages list, so I don't know what to do.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

(I labeled this post under Contour, couldn't see a tag for Umbraco Forms)

List of posts with the same issue:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/67010-umbraco-forms-not-findings-its-files

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/64476-umbraco-forms-404-errors

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/66437-404-errors-when-trying-to-access-umbraco-forms-tree

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 14, 2015 @ 14:45

Hey Robby,

So this error pops up when you access the Forms section. Does the tree still load? And if so can you click elements in the tree and see them in details view (like a form) or does that also result in a 404?

Jul 14, 2015 @ 14:51
    Robby Cowell

Hi Tim,

No, the tree doesn't load, all I get is a blank white page with the Toast notifications.

My screen looks like this as soon as I click on the Forms icon in the menu:

enter image description here

Jul 14, 2015 @ 14:57

Ok can you check if you deployed the files in /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms and if they have the correct permissions

Jul 15, 2015 @ 09:37
    Robby Cowell

The files in /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms have been deployed, and they have the correct permissions (it seems all users have full control). Any ideas?

Jul 15, 2015 @ 09:37

Mind sending the site (and db) to tg at umbraco dot com then I can take a look why this is happening

Jul 15, 2015 @ 10:08
    Robby Cowell

Thanks Tim, just sent the files over

Jul 15, 2015 @ 10:51

Just setup the site on my local machine and it works fine, so must be a server issue, make sure permissions are correct and that app pool is running in integrated mode

Jul 15, 2015 @ 13:21
    Robby Cowell

Ok, problem solved. I'm not sure what exactly was going wrong, but I managed to resolve the issue by downloading the Umbraco Forms package here and installing it as a local package over the existing installation. This even kept all the forms I previously made. Thanks for your help!

Jul 15, 2015 @ 14:28

Great, glad it's solved!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft