Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dunxmax 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 13, 2015 @ 10:57
    Dunxmax

Umbraco 4.7.0 not sending emails

Hi All,

I truly am a newbie with Umbraco.

Basically, I've been handed a site that uses Umbraco, I currently don't have access to the hosting.

There is an issue with a contact form - it's not sending emails.

I have found where the form is set up and I have found the workflows - there doesn't appear to be a problem with the settings.

I'm wondering if anybody could tell me if this is likely to be a bug with the version of Umbraco I am using or is most likely to be a server configuration.

Either way, any advice would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Duncan

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Jul 13, 2015 @ 11:17
    Sören Deger

Hi Dunxmax,

welcome to our :-)

Have you any errors in the umbraco log?

At first you should have a look into the web.config file. You can find this file in the root folder of your website on your server. In this file there is a section "system.net" with the smtp-settings:

<system.net>
        <mailSettings>
          <smtp>
            <network host="YourSMTPserver" userName="yourMailUsername" password="yourMailPassword" />
          </smtp>
        </mailSettings>
      </system.net>

Here you should find your email credentials. If not, please edit the network tag, save the file and try it again.

Hope this helps?

Best, Sören

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 13, 2015 @ 11:54

Hi Duncan,

Can you check if umbraco can send out email notifications? So subscribe to an event (like publish) and then publish a page... if that doesn't work it's definitely a server config issue

• Dunxmax 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 13, 2015 @ 12:00
    Dunxmax

Thanks for your swift response - I shall attempt to contact the server admin (easier said than done) and I'll get back to you.

Regards

Duncan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft