Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Murray Roke 503 posts 966 karma points c-trib
    Jul 06, 2015 @ 01:11
    Murray Roke

Manually installing UmbracoForms

Hi I have some migration scripts which are converting an umbraco website from v4 to v7.2.5 Ocassionally I will restore an old copy of the v4 umbraco DB and re-run the migrations.

On the whole this works well, but I'm having trouble with contour. Contour thinks it is installed, shows trees etc, but there are no tables in the DB.

I also seem to be missing files from the /usercontrols/umbracoForms/ folder.

Putting in the original 'install forms' dashboard and clicking the install button seems to do nothing.

I tried deleting the UF dashboard entirely, and it just gets re-added.

Deleting the /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/ folder seems to trigger the DB tables to be created.

It would be good to get an overview of the different pieces and how they fit together to trigger (or not) an install.

Ideally I would like:

• The build to pull in the nuget package (UmbracoForms 4.1.4).
    • One of my migration steps could call a UF method to set up whatever it needs to set up in the DB.
    • And all the other files can be in source control.

Kind Regards.
    Murray.

• Murray Roke 503 posts 966 karma points c-trib
    Jul 30, 2015 @ 00:26
    Murray Roke

After a bit of de-compilation and guess work I've worked out I can run all the installation steps in a migration like so:

var formsInstaller = new InstallHelper(null, ApplicationContext.Current);
    foreach (Action action in formsInstaller.InstallActions())
    {
        action();
    }

I could just call SilentInstall() but it would mean messing with the 'installed' marker file, this method bypasses that. This method also throws exceptions instead of logging them.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft