Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Tyson 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 15:03
    Dan Tyson

Escape characters added to file upload url when using 'Save as umbraco document' in umbraco forms workflow

I'm using a workflow in umbraco forms to save the submitted form as an umbraco document. The form contains a file upload. The file and content of the form all submit fine when viewing the submitted form in the 'Entries' section of the forms module but when I look at the content that has been created it has added some escape characters to the URL (e.g. url is saved as ~\/media\/forms\/upload\/8bf12b94-8ab0-4d99-9807-393aca020cea\/image.jpg instead of /media/forms/upload/8bf12b94-8ab0-4d99-9807-393aca020cea/image.jpg).

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I'm using Umbraco v7.2.4.

Thanks

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 22, 2015 @ 08:53

Looks like you found a bug, we'll look into this and a fix will be part of v4.1.4 which will be out in the following days

Jun 22, 2015 @ 09:04

Can reproduce the behaviour, fixing now

Jun 22, 2015 @ 09:28

Fixed, nightly build is running... so if you would like to give that a try, I'll post details in a minute

Jun 22, 2015 @ 09:30

Ok you can upgrade to the nightly build http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/nightlies/UmbracoForms.Files.4.1.4-WIP.Build.57.zip

It isn't a package but an archive of files you simply need to extract and copy over the existing ones...

Let me know if that fixes the issue

Regards, Tim

• Dan Tyson 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 23, 2015 @ 09:15
    Dan Tyson

Hi Tim, this fixes the backslashes in the URL field but the I think the tilda(~) at the beginning of the URL is still preventing the image from rendering in the content section of the back office.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated

Regards

Dan

• Osman Coskun 164 posts 398 karma points
    Oct 22, 2015 @ 15:45
    Osman Coskun

I experience the same problem. Removing the first character (tilda ~ ) could be a solution for using uploaded file in macros.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft