Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 10:37
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

Umbraco 7 Forms - Multiple Forms Validation Problem

There are numerous forum posts which skirt around this problem, but none which display the same symptoms.

Scenario

I have a page which has two forms, both of which are created in Umbraco forms 7 and both have validation. One form is in a template and is rendered via @Umbraco.RenderMacro. The second is in a page property and placed in a rich text editor via 'insert macro'.

The form which is in a template is a voting form, and appears in the same place on every page of the website. The one in the page property is an application form. It should be possible for a user to complete the application form, then vote on how useful the page was.

So, here is my problem. Whichever form the user submits first, if it fails validation then submissions for the other form are ignored whether valid or not.

Another problem is that once the application form has been submitted and the form submission message is displayed, if the second form is submitted then none of its validation fires, instead the first form appears back again, empty, with validation errors displayed. i.e. the submission buttons appear to be crossing over at some point. I have put together a simple user application form to demonstrate this. In the image below the form on the left has been submitted and the submission confirmation message displayed in its place. If the user then clicks 'Post My Comments' then the left hand form is displayed again as shown. This whole scenario applies to either form depending on which is submitted first.

enter image description here

I have seen posts relating to the absence of validation groups for individual forms but have yet to find an acceptable workaround for my particular problem.

Any practical assistance would be gratefully received.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft