Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bob 15 posts 64 karma points
    May 14, 2015 @ 12:38
    Bob

Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode

I paid for a Contour license today, entered my username and password and applied the license via the CMS but am still seeing 'Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode' against details for each form entry escept when I go to view the individual records details.

I have tried a site wide republish, logging out and back in, restarting the site and app pool and refreshing and am out of ideas. I have double checked the domain with that shown in my profile on the Umbraco website.

Please could someone advise on anything else I can try?

I'm running Umbraco Contour version 3.0.24-Build.31 in Umbraco version 7.1.7 assembly: 1.0.5388.28062.

Thanks,

Bob

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8787 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2015 @ 15:23
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Bob,

So you're not mentioning anything about the license file, so I'll ask the question: Did you put the license file in the bin folder? You should have an "umbracoForms.lic" file in there for it to be properly registered.

EDIT: Ok - I see now that you've licensed through the UI directly. Is the license file there, in the bin folder?

/Chriztian

May 15, 2015 @ 15:43
    Bob

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. The .lic file was indeed there. I also tried manually downloading and pasting it over the top to be sure, but to no avail.

Please could you advise anything else?

Thanks,

Bob

• Chris Wilson 100 posts 377 karma points
    May 19, 2015 @ 15:32
    Chris Wilson

In my experience previously; this was due to visitors to the site arriving from another domain that did not get properly re-written by the URL rewriting rules.

Can you eliminate this possibility?

Regards, Chris.

• Comment author was deleted

May 20, 2015 @ 09:42

It's good to know that the data isn't lost even when there isn't a valid licence, once you have a valid license you can request the page

/umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/webservices/records.aspx?guid=5d94b486-7ac1-491a-a579-72d4306269d6&mode=debug_regen (of course with the correct form guid)

and that will regenerate the data

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Apr 12, 2018 @ 08:18
    keilo

Contour not showing entries in back-end

I came across this issue where the entries were not showing up although they were in the db table.

editing the field names by removing chars and keepting it simple and using the &mode=debug_regen

make them appear again.

This is a very important trick, if you are still maintaining a Contour installation.

Wish it was more clear on what characters/limitation in field names and tooltip should be used in Contour Forms.

• Chris Wilson 100 posts 377 karma points
    May 20, 2015 @ 15:41
    Chris Wilson

Oh wow, that one needs to be in a help guide somewhere!

Jun 02, 2015 @ 13:22
    Bob

Thanks for the replies. I apologise for the slow response, as I was out of the country on leave. The issue has resolved itself, and appears to have been a caching issue.

Thanks again,

Bob

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft