Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hutch White 89 posts 112 karma points
    May 11, 2015 @ 18:05
    Hutch White

Forms Pages post as AJAX, not page post

I'd like to get Umbraco Forms to post asyncrhonously, so that a full page refresh on form page change doesn't occur.  Is this possible?  Main reason, I'm using a form with multiple pages within a bootstrap tab and don't want the page to refresh and loose the page tab.  

• Comment author was deleted

May 11, 2015 @ 18:08

Mind sharing your updated view, then I can give it a go 

May 11, 2015 @ 18:13
    Hutch White

So here's my layout.  Upon clicking Next, the form goes to the next page in the form.  The problem is that this does so with a full page refresh.  I'd like to avoid that because when the page refreshes, it kicks back to the first tab so the form is no longer shown.

My app is not visible to the public yet, so I cannot provide direct access.  Let me know what you want to see and I can provide it here or give you a host record to add.

May 11, 2015 @ 18:28

ok I understand what you are trying to accomplish, will give it a go tomorrow and let you know further details then

May 13, 2015 @ 10:24

Quick update, still investigating and seeing if it's possible

May 19, 2015 @ 16:23
    Hutch White

Were you able to figure out if we could?

May 20, 2015 @ 10:37

Not yet since it isn't that straight forward as I thought, but it is still work in progress, hope to have an update for you later this week

• Jason Chrin 1 post 21 karma points
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 19:54
    Jason Chrin

Curious if you had an update. I'm hoping to have the same functionality.

Thank you

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 20:03
    Nicholas Westby

Contour is kind of useless when it comes to AJAX forms. I've been able to get it to work by essentially ignoring Contour except for the storage/workflow. I create my own controller/action and post to that. And that action method returns some JSON that contains a property that is the string representation of the form. The JavaScript then replaces that part of the page with the new markup from the JSON response (does a few other things too, like letting the validator know about the new markup).

It's a bit annoying, because if you want things like required field validation and regex validation, you have to reimplement that in your action method.

I'm hoping the new Umbraco Forms (successor to Contour) has better AJAX capabilities, but I'm not all that hopeful.

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 20:27
    Søren Kottal

You can do it using jQuery (and probably without) with the jQuery Form Plugin.

It's kind of hacky, but it works.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft