Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sudipta Das 13 posts 104 karma points
    Apr 23, 2015 @ 03:15
    Sudipta Das

Unable to edit forms in Umbraco Contour

I am unable to edit forms in Umbraco Contour. Initially looking at the error message, I thought that it might be a licence issue. So, we purchased a new licence. Even after copying the new umbracoForms.lic in the /bin folder we received the same error. I even deleted the files from the following folder:

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

The error logs says:

---------------------------

[2015-04-23T11:07:59] Error exception: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Umbraco.Licensing.UI.InjectTrialMessage(Umbraco.Licensing.Validator, System.String, System.Web.UI.Page)'.

at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Pages.ContourBasePage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.umbraco_plugins_umbracocontour_editform_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\498eacf8\50da7f7f\App_Web_editform.aspx.d5b248c3.hq6ex-k4.0.cs:line 0

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

---------------------------

We are running Umbraco 7.2.2 which was recently upgraded from 7.1.0

Do you have any idea on how to resolve the issue. I need to edit a few Contour forms.

Thanks,

Sudipta 

• Sudipta Das 13 posts 104 karma points
    Apr 24, 2015 @ 02:51
    Sudipta Das

I am posting the resolution to the problem, in case someone facing the same error lands on this question.

After going through the forums it seemed to be an issue with a dll. The issue was rectified in later releases of dlls. I had to find a updated version of the binary package of Umbraco Contour and copy the latest dll.

The issue is with Umbraco.Licensing.dll

The latest binary files can be found at the "Umbraco Contour" directory at the following location: http://nightly.umbraco.org/      

• Kasun 8 posts 77 karma points
    May 11, 2016 @ 07:30
    Kasun

Hi,

I'm still having the issue...in Contour version 3.0.29.. dll file replacement didn't work for me.. can someone give a solution..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft