Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony 105 posts 163 karma points
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 16:14
    Tony

Non Serializable Model

[SerializationException: Type 'Umbraco.Forms.Mvc.Models.FormViewModel' in Assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.]

We are using session in SQLServer mode but this model isnt serializable. Is this by design or has it been missed off? 

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 31, 2015 @ 16:17

I must say that's a we haven't tested that scenaria (session in SQLServer mode) but I'm happy to make the changes required to make it work, is it just marking that class as serializable?

Mar 31, 2015 @ 16:21
    Tony

Yes, just mark any class you use in sessions as serializable and it shoudl be all good :)

Mar 31, 2015 @ 16:24

Owkey will update (should have an nightly build ready for you tomorrow then, will ping you here)

Mar 31, 2015 @ 16:29
    Tony

Thats great, thank you :)

Apr 01, 2015 @ 10:44

Ok marked all the view models as serializable, you can download the latest nightly here http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoForms/nightlies/

Apr 01, 2015 @ 11:08
    Tony

Thanks Tim, absolute life saver. :)

Apr 01, 2015 @ 11:39
    Tony

Hi Tim, 

All of the objects need to be serializable to work, looks like some of the child classes are not set up as serializable. Would it be possible to be a contributer for this so I can add teh code and get it working so you can merge it in? We have clients screaming at us for the upgrade  to 7.2 and the forms area is the only thing holding it up at the moment.

[SerializationException: Type 'Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldConditionRule' in Assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is not marked as serializable.]

Thanks

Tony

Apr 01, 2015 @ 11:48

Ok thought I did all the child classes, contribution isn't possible as it's a closed source project sorry :(

Will just setup the same environment as you then with session in sql server mode

Update later today

Cheers,

Apr 01, 2015 @ 11:50
    Tony

Thats a shame, could have reduced some of your workload. Ill eagerly keep an eye on this for the update :)

Apr 01, 2015 @ 13:22

Ok can you check latest nightly, made sure all child classes are marked (haven't tested the session sql server mode since my iis as acting up) 

Apr 01, 2015 @ 13:46
    Tony

Great! All working! I have a question around teh validation but I will discuss that in a differnt thread.

Thank you so much for the swift action

Apr 01, 2015 @ 13:47

Great :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft