Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Thompson 100 posts 336 karma points
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 13:37
    Richard Thompson

Error on upgrading a 4.11.10 site

Hi,

I've got an old Umbraco 4.11.10 site that was using Contour v1 and I'm trying to see if it's possible to upgrade to Contour v3.

I've installed the UmbracoContour_3.0.25_ForV4.zip local package which went fine and the back office side of things works fine.  I've also run the upgrade script.

However, when I go to the front end of the site I get a YSOD with the following error:

Assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.References, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not contain a Web resource with name 'AjaxControlToolkit.Common.Common.js'.

Does anybody have any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2015 @ 15:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

Which steps did you take when doing the upgrade? Seems like there is a file missing somewhere at a first glance.

/Jan

Mar 19, 2015 @ 15:30
    Richard Thompson

Hi Jan,

I went into the back office, developers section and then chose the install local package option.  I then selected the UmbracoContour_3.0.25_ForV4.zip I download from Our and OKed the installation.  I then went to the update URL from the upgrade instructions which said the upgrade was successful.

Mar 19, 2015 @ 16:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

Ok, could you try bumping the version number attribute in the /config/ClientDependency.config file and recycle the app pool to see if that helps any?

/Jan

Mar 24, 2015 @ 10:15
    Richard Thompson

Hi Jan,

I've given that a try but it hasn't helped unfortunately.  I'm receiving the following error on the Contour page in the back office, I don't know if this helps at all:

Could not load control: '/umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/formsdashboard.ascx'. 
    Error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page. at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at umbraco.cms.presentation.dashboard.OnInit(EventArgs e)
    Mar 24, 2015 @ 10:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

Have you checked the path to see if the formdashboard.ascx does in fact exist? If it does not then you need to copy it over manually.

You should be able to find the files following this guide on doing a manual upgrade here https://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual

/Jan

Mar 26, 2015 @ 12:12
    Richard Thompson

Hi,

There is a file called FormsDashboard.ascx, I've tried renaming it to formsdashboard.ascx but that didn't help.  I'm seeing the same error on an Umbraco 6 site which is working so I don't think it's related to my Umbraco 4 site YSOD but thought I'd raise it just in case.

Mar 26, 2015 @ 15:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

It don't think it's case sensitive...so is the path where this file exists correct according to the path mentioned in the error message?

/Jan

Mar 27, 2015 @ 14:07
    Richard Thompson

Yes.  The path in the error exists and the file it's trying to find is there as well.

Mar 27, 2015 @ 14:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Richard

Ok...hmm...have you double checked if it could be a permission issue? I'm running out of ideas unfortunately.

/Jan

Apr 02, 2015 @ 12:47
    Richard Thompson

I'm going to ignore the admin issue.  Does anybody have any ideas on the YSOD:

Assembly'Umbraco.Forms.References, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not contain a Web resource with name 'AjaxControlToolkit.Common.Common.js'.
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft