Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Mar 17, 2015 @ 23:41
    Chris Mahoney

Contour section empty after Umbraco 6.2.5 upgrade

Hi,

I've recently upgraded two sites from Umbraco 6.1.5 and 6.1.6 to 6.2.5, and now Contour's dashboard section is empty. The Contour icon appears under Sections, but the tree only contains a single entry for "Umbraco Contour" with none of its subitems (Forms, Data Sources, Prevalue Sources).

I've checked applications.config, Dashboard.config, trees.config and UI.xml and all of them appear to have the necessary entries as documented on https://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour/documentation/Installation/Manual.

I'm using Contour 3.0.17 on both sites.

Help! :)

Mar 18, 2015 @ 00:49
    Chris Mahoney

I just tried upgrading one of the sites to 3.0.25 (just in case!) but it didn't make any difference. I've also rechecked the permissions.

Mar 20, 2015 @ 01:56
    Chris Mahoney

I've just done a fresh install of 6.2.5 on a brand-new site, on a different server, installed Contour 3.0.25... and the tree is still empty. There is also an error at the bottom of the dashboard:

Could not load control: '/umbraco/plugins/umbracocontour/formsdashboard.ascx'.
    Error message: System.InvalidOperationException: Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page. at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at umbraco.cms.presentation.dashboard.OnInit(EventArgs e)

Can anyone confirm whether this configuration (standard 6.2.5 + Contour 3.0.25) works for them?

Mar 25, 2015 @ 02:25
    Chris Mahoney

Fixed!

I found http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6327 - see the post "Bo Kingo Damgaard 06 Mar 2015, 13:24". trees.config needed "Umbraco.Forms.UI" added to the four lines (followed by touching Web.config to make it reload).

It does appear that this issue is new to 6.2.5 as it all works in 6.2.4 without that edit.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft