Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lauris Stephani 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 04, 2010 @ 17:24
    Lauris Stephani

Contour licence domain name setup

I bought a Contour licence earlier but I don't know the definitive website domain name as of yet.

Will I be able to modify the domain name setting and get a new licence file if i set it up with a temporary domain name for development purposes ?

I sent a message about it to the Umbraco staff but did not receive an answer yet and I'm currently using Contour trial...

Thank you,

Lauris Stephani

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Jan 04, 2010 @ 17:51
    Nik Wahlberg

Hi Lauris, I believe that all Contour LIcenses support localhost for development purposes. So, even if you setup the license file for your end-domain, you should be all set during development and testing (unless you have a remote development environment). 

Thanks,
    Nik

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 04, 2010 @ 18:38

Hi Lauris,

The contour license works on a domain and all subdomains. So for development purposes you could setup a dev/staging subdomain like dev.mydomain.com (if the license is for mydomain.com).

Regards,
    Tim

Jan 04, 2010 @ 18:42
    Lauris Stephani

Thank you for the quick answer,

The issue here is that the domain name isn't even decided upon by our client. It means that I have to set up the licence to use Contour with a non-existing name... I can't do that, I therefore have to use Contour trial with no licence.

The ideal answer for us would be to setup a licence that we could dev with and set the domain name up later on. Is there a solution ?

Thank you,

Lauris Stephani

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jan 04, 2010 @ 19:10
    Niels Hartvig

Set it up with what you prefer and ping us when you know the other domain. Then we'll update the license (but please allow us a couple of days to get it done, so the sooner you know the prod. domain the better)

Jan 04, 2010 @ 20:35
    Lauris Stephani

Exactly what I was hoping for, thank you very much.

Regards,

Lauris Stephani

• Matt Bliss 176 posts 234 karma points c-trib
    May 20, 2011 @ 18:23
    Matt Bliss

Hi Tim,

You wrote:

"The contour license works on a domain and all subdomains. So for development purposes you could setup a dev/staging subdomain like dev.mydomain.com (if the license is for mydomain.com)."

Would the license support me working on abc.mydomain.com and def.mydomain.com in two different development installations at the same time, or would I need to move a license file around from one to another?

Thanks,
    Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft