Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fabian 23 posts 103 karma points
    Feb 27, 2015 @ 12:06
    Fabian

Forms tables missing in db

Hi,

installing the Forms Plugin in Umbraco 7.2.2. worked without any exceptions.

But the Forms Database schema is missing!
    We get following message when we try to send a Form - 
    "Invalid object name 'UFRecords'"

How can I create the db related stuff by hand?
    The db user in our web.config connectionstring should have enough rights.

Regards, fabian

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 27, 2015 @ 14:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Fabian

How did you make the installation? Was it just by clicking the installation button when entering the form section or did you download the package and install it manually?

Perhaps you can see if any error messages exists in the /App_Data/Logs file?

/Jan

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Mar 04, 2016 @ 12:56
    Simon Dingley

I have the same issue today on 7.4.0. Fine locally but on remote server I have installed the package from the package repository as well as via the Install button and both completed without error but did NOT create the tables in the database. The database user is db_owner.

Nothing in the logs to indicate any problem whatsoever, even the umbracoLog table states

Package 'Umbraco Forms' installed. Package guid: cd44cf39-3d71-4c19-b6ee-948e1faf0525

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Mar 04, 2016 @ 13:11
    Simon Dingley

The only way I could resolve this and force the table creation was to completely uninstall the package and install it again.

• Tobbe 12 posts 33 karma points
    Mar 11, 2016 @ 14:09
    Tobbe

I had the same issue after installing Umbraco Forms through NuGet. It works on the local machine where I installed it but after uploading to the staging server I got the exception.

Solved my problem by upgrading Umbraco Forms on staging server.

• James Wilkinson 15 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Apr 29, 2016 @ 00:25
    James Wilkinson

Hi,

What version of Umbraco Forms are you using?

I did read in the 'Changes' section for 4.2.1 on the Umbraco Forms page that changes are made to the DB schema after an app restart but this only happens once: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/umbraco-forms/

For deployments to other servers, you'll need to create the 'marker' in /App_Data/TEMP/formsupdate

Hope this helps,

James.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft