Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 16:01
    John C Scott

datepicker throwing "is not valid" error on entry

On an Umbraco 4.11 site with Contour (package version says 1.1.10) we have a date field. when any date is chosen we get the error "[field name] is not valid". You can see the error and the Contour settings in the image attached.

Any ideas why this would happen and how we can stop this?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 16:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

What would the default date format look like in your language? Is it dd/MM/YYYY or is it something else? I think you perhaps need to dig into the Contour source code and add some data-configuration where the jquery ui datepicker is being called.

Also...is the execution order of the javascripts set correctly? I remember that Contour by default calls them in the section rather than in before

/Jan

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 10:30
    John C Scott

Thanks Jan been having a look. However I saw some references in other threads to issues where the field was not originally of date type and changed to date type. I asked the user if this is what she'd done and yes! So she deleted the field and added a new one and it worked.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2015 @ 10:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

Ok, good to hear you managed to figure out what was wrong :) I just remember I had to deal with issues regarding date formats etc. when using Contour on danish sites a year ago or so.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft