Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Dec 16, 2009 @ 16:09
    Dan Evans

Emailing the contents of the form

Is there a way to format the email that the form sends? In web mail it looks fine but in my email programe (Outlook and Entourage) it looks like this below. i.e. with no line breaks. Also is it possible to remove some of the form fields so they are not included? e.g. the CAPTCHA field?

Dear dan evans Thank you for contacting the Boat Safety Scheme. We have received your message and will respond accordingly. Best wishes The Boat Safety Scheme Team http://search.boatsafetyscheme.com YOUR MESSAGE:
    Name: dan evansEmail: [email protected]Message: here is my messageType both the letters you can see in the box:

Thanks

Dan

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Dec 17, 2009 @ 21:47
    Robert J. Bullock

Also interested in formatting the emails that are sent, but see no way to do it.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Dec 18, 2009 @ 15:03
    David Peck

I'd be curious to find out if there is a way of NOT sending the input data.

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 23, 2009 @ 11:38

Hi,

Currently the send as email workflow doesn't provide any way of formatting the email. But you could create a custom workflowtype that has the formatting you want. Check out the developer documentation http://umbraco.org/products/umbraco-contour/help-and-support/developer-documentation.aspx

Dec 24, 2009 @ 10:05
    Dan Evans

As a suggestion i think a couple of improvements to this important bit of functionality would be

1. Checkbox to choose if email is sent in plain text or HTML
    2. Access to a template file that can be easily modified to change the layout of the email
    3. Checkbox to include / exclude fields from the email

Thanks

Dan

• Per Ploug Hansen 208 posts 129 karma points
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 20:52
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 11:41
    Dan Evans

That is the perfect answer. Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft