Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith Bamberger 26 posts 106 karma points
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 10:20
    Keith Bamberger

Error installing Contour on umbraco 7.1.8

I have a clean install of umbraco 7.1.8 with usync, slimsy + courier.

The site is totally empty, no templates or documenttypes nothing. 

When installing the package (downloading zip and installing local or via the package repository under developer) i end up with an error.

No contour db tables are created (i guess its not even getting that far?), and the whole operation halts on an error :

2014-10-24 10:05:21,258 [23] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 17] An unhandled exception occurred

System.Web.HttpParseException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer'. ---> System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer'.

ive installed contour before a bunch of times without error, the only difference being this is U7. According to the package compatibility list, its compatible with 7.1.x, am i missing something, or is there an issue?

/Keith

• Keith Bamberger 26 posts 106 karma points
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 10:48
    Keith Bamberger

I have reinstalled umbraco again (U7.1.8) with no other packages. This time the installation worked as expected.

I wonder which package stopped the install?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft