Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ric Carey 50 posts 93 karma points
    Sep 25, 2014 @ 12:41
    Ric Carey

Internet explorer - multiple forms on one page submit mutiple times

Hey,

Got a really weird one here.

In any intenet explorer - tested with 8,9 and 11.

If the page has mutiple forms on, say for example 3. And you submit the first one, it will be submitted (i think) 3 times, either way the suubmission action occours 3 times, so theres 3 records and 3 emails.

If i submit the 2nd one down it submits twice.

This doesnt happen in Chrome or Firefox, i cant think of any reason why IE would do this, unless theres something hidden away in the javascript or something, just wondering if theres been anything like this in the past or when building Contour you've encountered something possibly related?

We're using Umbraco v6.2.1 and Umbraco Contour version 3.0.21

Cheers

Ive got a feeling this is not going to be easy, so anything which might point me into the finding the right path, would be apperciated.

• marcelh 171 posts 471 karma points
    Nov 27, 2014 @ 16:38
    marcelh

Interesting, I ran into the same issue today! Running Umbraco 7.1.8 with Contour version 3.0.23-Build.20

Did you find a solution on this?

• Hywel Rees 56 posts 224 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 11:47
    Hywel Rees

Hi,

I raised an issue some time ago, which I believe is identical to yours: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-615

I have also up voted your issue, as this is a problem I'd like to see fixed.

An option is to leave only a single contour form on the page(s) in question, but I really don't want to do that if it can be helped.

Cheers,

Hywel

• badigard 7 posts 38 karma points
    Jun 25, 2015 @ 06:02
    badigard

Update contourform.js: From: $('input[type=submit]').not('.cancel').click(function (evt) { To: $('input[type=submit]').not('.cancel').off().on('click', function (evt) {

The issue is coming from the JS button click event which captures all submit input clicks event on the page.

• Chris Wilson 100 posts 377 karma points
    Mar 16, 2016 @ 09:50
    Chris Wilson

We've been having this trouble on a couple of pages with multiple forms recently, and that piece of code did catch my eye as potentially troublemaking.

I'll try your fix next chance I get to work on that project and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

/Chris

• Danny Summers 22 posts 82 karma points
    Mar 01, 2016 @ 03:52
    Danny Summers

We just experienced the same problem, this code change fixed it. This is a good workaround, however, it would be good to see this handled in the core Contour code base (if not already?).

• Dick Gennissen 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 03, 2016 @ 16:11
    Dick Gennissen

We have experienced the same issue today with Umbraco 7.5.4 and forms 4.3.2. We noticed the event to submit the form was added twice to the button in javascript. As all the browsers fix this internally, IE executes the event also twice, because it is binded twice.

As a solution we have added an unbind function inside App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Assets\umbracoforms.js just above the event-binding : $('.contour input[type=submit]').not('.cancel').unbind('click');

We know this is not the preferred solution, but did the trick for us now. The better solution would be if the event was not binded twice, as we have found that the init of the javascript is loaded twice.

Hope it helps you.

Kind regards, Dick Gennissen DesignCloud

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft