Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 25, 2014 @ 14:48
    Damiaan

Licenced contour in trial mode

We have a contour on a website in production. Apparently the license was not active on the production website. I guess it's an error from our side, not a bug in contour loosing it's license.

The problem is that we now have an entry in on entries of the forms mentioning "Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode". Is there a way to recover this data? Can't find in the logs any mentioning of an umbraco form being submitted. Meanwhile, the license is activated (was bought already some time ago).

Just for the sake of running into those problems again. I would love to suggest the following features:

• if contour is running in trial mode, save the data in the logs
    • if contour is running in trial mode, mention this ALWAYS on the website or back-end

Just some ideas. I still hope to be able to recover the submitted data somewhere...

Kind regards
    Damiaan

Note to self : add contour license validation check on checklist for each deploy

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 25, 2014 @ 14:49

Yes once you have a valid license you can regen the records, data shouldn't be lost

Let me just find the instructions on how to do this

Aug 25, 2014 @ 14:51

Check the requests the records viewer is doing, it should request the page records.aspx, copy that request location and change the mode to debug_regen, that should regenerate the record xml

Aug 25, 2014 @ 14:53

So that's 

request /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/webservices/records.aspx?guid=[FORMGUID]&mode=debug_regen

need to be running at least v3.0.10

and replace formguid with a valid form id

• Chris Wilson 100 posts 377 karma points
    Nov 04, 2015 @ 13:48
    Chris Wilson

Trying this now, Cheers Tim - legend!

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 25, 2014 @ 15:06
    Damiaan

Tim, you are my hero!

Next time we meet, I'll buy you a beer (or two)!

Aug 25, 2014 @ 15:08

Woot glad it worked :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft