Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Olivier Vionnet 26 posts 111 karma points
    May 19, 2014 @ 13:33
    Olivier Vionnet

umbraco.licensing.log.txt in a Loadbalancing environment

Hello

I'm facing some performance issues when posting forms on the frontend created with Contour in a loadbalancing environment and sql server on some other servers.
    It may take more then one minute to be submited.
    I'm running on a 3.0.20 version (upgraded from a 3.0.6) but it didn't improved the performance.

I saw that Contour create a log file in App_Data : umbraco.licensing.log.txt. The more Contour is used, the more this file is filled and was up to 200Mo.
    After removing it, performance was better with about 10-15 secondes to submit.

I've noticed that when I submit the form, Contour write about 190 times texts about licence validation in this file.

I'd like to know if there is a way to specify a path to save this file somewhere else (like umbracoContentXML key in web.config for the umbraco.config file) to avoid this file to be replicated throught servers.
    Or better, an option to not write this file on the disk ?

Thanks in advance

olivier

• Comment author was deleted

May 19, 2014 @ 13:34

Update to 3.0.22 :) several updates have been done to increase performance

May 19, 2014 @ 15:03
    Olivier Vionnet

Hi Tim

Thanks, will wait for this new version :)

Olivier

• Isaack Rasmussen 14 posts 34 karma points
    May 21, 2015 @ 16:36
    Isaack Rasmussen

Hi,

Was there an solution to this? I now need to either move the log file or completely disable it.

The App_Data folder I'm working with is write protected and it appears that Contour/Forms(4.0) is hardcoded to App_Data instead of a mapped/virtual location.

May 26, 2015 @ 12:50
    Olivier Vionnet

Hello Isaack

I didn't saw any way to write in another folder, even with the latest version.

For my problem, I've updated to a higher version and also ended up by deleting the log file every day to be sure.

Olivier

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft