Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 94 posts 255 karma points
    Nov 20, 2013 @ 16:27
    Stephen

Contour not storing partial data

Hi All,

Contour is not storing any of the field data when someone submit and they have only completed partial data.  I should point out this stored as partial because mandatory fields are not completed.

As a result form resumig is notpossible (as there is not data to populate the form with).

A record is created, logged as partially created, but completely void of all field data.  if the form is completed, then the data is correctly stored.

Any suggestions/help please??

Umbraco 6.1.5

Contour 3.0.16

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 20, 2013 @ 18:03

Using the razor macro?

Nov 20, 2013 @ 23:31
    Stephen

Yup using the razor macro.

Nov 21, 2013 @ 21:53
    Stephen

Is there something extra I need to add to the razor macro string? or is there some sort of problem with the razor macro?  So I use some other sort of method?

Nov 22, 2013 @ 11:04

Nope might be a bug, looking into it :) it does work with the usercontrol one so might be something that isn't included, looking into it now

Nov 25, 2013 @ 13:28
    Stephen

Hi Tim,

Any progress on this for me please?

I have tried using the usercontrol menthod, and I just get an error message saying "Umbraco Contour will only work properly if placed inside a <form runat="server"> tag.".

I referred to this post, but it's not really helping me, The solutions instructions are a little on the light side.

We purchased Contour as a simple solution for our customers to add forms to their site, but it's not working out that way, every corner we turn there is a new problem.

Nov 25, 2013 @ 13:31

Yup looking into it this week, so solution available today/tomorrow

Yeah usercontrol one is only usefull when running in webforms mode and I suppose you are running in mvc mode?

Nov 26, 2013 @ 03:35
    Stephen

Thanks that will be great, the sooner the better for the solution thanks.

With reference to the MVC mode, not I am in webforms mode I think (from /config/umbracoSettings.config):

<templates>

<!-- If you want to switch to Mvc then do NOT change useAspNetMasterPages to false -->

<!-- This (old!) setting is still used to control how macros are inserted into your pages -->

<useAspNetMasterPages>true</useAspNetMasterPages>

<!-- To switch the default rendering engine to MVC, change this value from WebForms to Mvc -->

<!-- Do not set useAspNetMasterPages to false, it is not relevant to MVC usage -->

<defaultRenderingEngine>WebForms</defaultRenderingEngine>

</templates>

Is there some other problem relating to using the usercontrol?

Nov 26, 2013 @ 19:17
    Stephen

OK, I think I have found the problem relating to the usercontrol problem, and I have raised it as a bug here, I am obviously more interested for my client in the other original problem being resolved please.

Thanks

Stephen

Dec 04, 2013 @ 02:59
    Stephen

Hi Tim,

OK after a week of messing around I have figured out what was going on.

There was empty partial data being stored because my customer had created an empty step. So no data stored at this time.  Then the customer that we using the form were not completing all of the required fields, and were ignoring the error message telling them they needed to complete it.  So data not stored at the next point.

So problem one not a bug, just silly.  This has been corrected by collecting contact details on the first step, so if there are issues further on with the form, we can contact them.  These are now also the only requied fields.

Bug 2, I am afraid, there is still a bug with auto resume on the razor version.  It just doesn't auto resume.  So one for you too look at still.

However, it is one I have worked around for my purposes.  I will post details of what I did directly after this.

So thanks Tim, your pointer go me going in the right direction, and I got a working solution figured out.  I can see you have had your hands full doing some contour mods for umbraco 7.

Stephen

Dec 04, 2013 @ 03:06
    Stephen

OK how I worked around not being able to auto resume forms in countour (the razor version).

Firstly (and this is important) on the first step of the form I collect the users email address.

Then from the advance section of the workflows, I add under partially submitted "send an email when partially submitted".

In the email field I enter {Email} (Email being the name of my field on the form)

Then I add this link to the message http://www.yourdomain.com/yourformname/?recordGuid={record.id}

Obviously there are other bits to fill in as normal, but you get the gist.

WHAT THIS DOES

It sends an email to the user, containing a link allowing them to complete/ammend the form at a later date. Very useful if your customer need to edit their details in a contour form.

I hope this is easy to follow, and I hope it save someone time creating a link back to editing a contour form.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft