Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 22, 2013 @ 21:33
    Jeavon Leopold

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Using Contour v3.0.17 with Umbraco v6.1.6 and strangely today a production site was reporting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." for all Contour forms on the front end and every dialog in the UI was also displaying YSOD. Example full error from log file below. An application pool recycle and all working fine again, not sure if it's something to worry about..?

2013-10-22 20:23:21,663 [34] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 34] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms(Boolean archived)
       at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Trees.LoadForm.Render(XmlTree& tree)
       at umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.LoadTree(TreeRequestParams treeParams)
       at umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree()
       at umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    2013-10-22 20:24:33,947 [9] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 9] An unhandled exception occurred

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 29, 2013 @ 16:40

Hmm can't really see what's going on from the stacktrace let me know if this happens again but for now this is the only case I have ever seen...

• Bent 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 12, 2013 @ 13:15
    Bent

I had to degrade controur from 3.0.17 to 3.0.14 to make it work locally. Now I got the same problem when I try to upgarde from 3.0.14 to 3.0.19

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms(Boolean archived) +150
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +966
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +145
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18055 

I've got a simular issue when I try to upgrade contour from version 3.0.6 to 3.0.17 on localhost. This is an umbraco version 4.11.3.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms(Boolean archived) +150
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +966
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +92
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

• Adrian Lloyd 25 posts 125 karma points
    Dec 02, 2013 @ 13:27
    Adrian Lloyd

I have hit something similar when upgrading Contour from v3.0.6 to v3.0.17 on Umbraco v4.11.8. It has taken the whole site down. We have a lot of code first forms on this site.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms() +105 Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.SynchronizeForm(Type typeForm) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\FormBuilder\FormManager.cs:214 Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.SynchronizeForms() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\FormBuilder\FormManager.cs:201 Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.FormManager.Synchronize() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\FormBuilder\FormManager.cs:24 Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.UmbracoManager.Synchronize() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\UmbracoManager.cs:36 Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.UmbracoManager.SynchronizeIfNotSynchronized() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\UmbracoManager.cs:21 Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst.ContourFormBuilderHttpModule.context_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\fdc2f0fcbbcef310\Umbraco.Forms.CodeFirst\ContourFormBuilderHttpModule.cs:27 System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Dec 02, 2013 @ 13:33

Also working fine after app pool restart?

Dec 02, 2013 @ 13:47
    Adrian Lloyd

Thanks Tim, no it didn't want to come back at all until I restored the backup files. This is the dev site which is on Contour v3.0.6 but the live site is on v3.0.14 both on Umbraco 4.11.8. I want to upgrade to get round this issue: Using RecordService to delete record results in Exception1

so I might just go up to v3.0.15 for now?

Dec 02, 2013 @ 13:58
    Adrian Lloyd

correction, I will try v3.0.16 as 3.0.15 doesn't like Umbraco v4

Dec 02, 2013 @ 15:22
    Adrian Lloyd

Ok, so I also get the error upgrading from v3.0.6 to v3.0.16. Everything is fine when I upgrade to v3.0.14 but this does not get me where I need to be. Upgrading to Umbraco v6 is not currently an option.

Dec 02, 2013 @ 15:36

Ok will try to reproduce, any chance you can try to deploy your forms to a fresh Umbraco instance with Contour just to see if that works?

Dec 02, 2013 @ 17:08
    Adrian Lloyd

Great, thanks Tim. I created a fresh Umbraco v4.11.8 instance, added Contour v3.0.17 and dropped in my forms dll and I can see the forms on the dashboard fine and they display on a template ok (although there is no Contour tree or section icon - I think this might have been the Umbraco permissions were not set when I installed Contour)

It might be worth mentioning that I also have the 'Could not load control: '/usercontrols/dashboards/ContactFormlogs.ascx' and 'EmailAFriendFormlogs.ascx' errors on the content dashboard - there's no starter kit installed so it must have come from Contour?

Dec 02, 2013 @ 17:46

Ok so it's sorted? No errors aren't from Contour sounds like something from a starter kit :)

Dec 02, 2013 @ 18:17
    Adrian Lloyd

Thanks Tim, it's all sorted. On the strength of Contour working in a fresh install, I applied the upgrade to the live site and everything works perfectly. So sorry - there must be something up with the dev site!

Dec 02, 2013 @ 19:56

Ok great :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft