Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Zweben 265 posts 749 karma points
    Oct 01, 2013 @ 20:01
    David Zweben

v7 upgrade?

I know this is still early to be asking this, as v7 isn't even out yet, but could anyone tell me what is being planned for Coutour (and the rest of Umbraco Pro, for that matter) in Umbraco 7.0? Given the breaking changes in v7, I'm assuming all 3 Pro add-ons will need some sort of update to work with it; are these going to be paid or free upgrades, though? I'm hoping we won't have to re-purchase Contour and Concierge just to start using the newest version of the CMS.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 01, 2013 @ 20:59

Hey David,

Work on getting Contour running on v7 starts this week, so Contour will be ready when v7 launches. Other products I don't have any details on yet but will get an update on those and report back here

Oct 01, 2013 @ 21:01

So for Contour we'll have a 3.1 release together with the v7 release of the Umbraco core (this release will just contain tweaks to make it work on v7), after that we'll release a v4 that will be a rewrite of the backoffice components using the same architecture as the v7 backoffice (so using angularjs)

Oct 01, 2013 @ 21:25
    David Zweben

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. Just so I'm clear, though, my company purchased Contour back in March of 2012, when it was in version 1.x, shortly before version 2 came out. Would we have to purchase it again to use it with Umbraco v7?

Oct 01, 2013 @ 22:53

@David 3.1 so the version that will work on v7 will work with the same license so you can upgrade without a cost

For v4 I don't know yet depends on how much extra we'll add...

So you won't have to purchase it again to use with Umbraco v7 :)

Oct 03, 2013 @ 18:56
    David Zweben

Good to hear, thanks Tim.

• Phill 115 posts 288 karma points
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 19:30
    Phill

Is there a status update for v3.1 and Umbraco v7 compatibility? I know v7 hasn't been out long but it was mentioned here and elsewhere that there would be a version ready along side the release of v7.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards,

Phill

Nov 26, 2013 @ 20:16

V7 compat version will be out this week :) you can already test with http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/3.0.18%20WIP/

It's just missing the prop and param editor and some css tweaks

Nov 26, 2013 @ 20:22

And yes plan was to have it ready when v7 was out but since I helped with some finishing touches on the v7 release Contour has a couple of days delay... but 100% sure it will be ready this week :) !

Nov 27, 2013 @ 15:31

Nov 29, 2013 @ 14:00

Final available today http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/3.0.18/

Will do blog post on it on monday

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft