Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Lingstuyl 202 posts 379 karma points
    Apr 19, 2012 @ 14:51
    Martin Lingstuyl

RecordsetActionType: Value cannot be null, parameter name: g

Hi guys,

I just created a custom RecordActionType which works great. I also created the same thing as a RecordSetActionType, to also be able to work with multiple Entries at the same time.

I've added Properties and stuff, so the RecordSetActionType should open a dialog.

The problem is that the dialog opens with a server error that doesn't refer to my code:

Value cannot be null, parameter name: g

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameternaam: g]
       System.Guid..ctor(String g) +7454798
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dialogs.executeRecordAction.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +288
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

I've tried deleting all my code, but it still generates the error. What am I doing wrong?

It might be a bug, I'm using contour 1.1.9 + Umbraco 4.0.2. Momentarily this cannot be upgraded.

Hope to hear from someone.

martin

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 19, 2012 @ 15:25

Hey Martin,

Any chance you can test your action on a umbraco 4.7.1 and with latest Contour?

May 08, 2012 @ 16:09
    Martin Lingstuyl

Hi Tim,

thanks for responding. I've only had opportunity to check your request now, with Umbraco 4.7.2 and the latest Contour version.

I get the same error. Is it because of my code? I'm using this override:

public override Umbraco.Forms.Core.Enums.RecordActionStatus Execute(List<Record> records, Form form)

And then a foreach

Hope to hear from you

Martin

Aug 01, 2012 @ 12:49
    Martin Lingstuyl

Hi Tim,

It's been awhile, but the problem still remains, and needs to be fixed for my client.

Do you, or anybody else, know what this could mean? I generated an almost empty recordsetactionclass. As soon as I add one Setting, it gives the error.

For the rest, I just have a constructor (with guid) + implemented recordsetaction inheritance.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null
    Parameternaam: g

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null
    Parameternaam: g]
       System.Guid..ctor(String g) +9662545
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dialogs.executeRecordAction.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +288
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Aug 02, 2012 @ 15:21

Must have slipped the radar, I'll be working on some bug fixes next week and will make sure to give this some attention, will report back then with a solution

Cheers,
    Tim 

Aug 06, 2012 @ 11:46

Fixed in current WIP version, you can upgrade to 1.1.13 WIP http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/1.1.13%20WIP/

Please let me know if your custom record set action works with that version

Thanks,
    Tim 

Aug 07, 2012 @ 09:42
    Martin Lingstuyl

Hi Tim,

It works just fine, thanks a lot.

I do get a server error somewhere else now. editform.ascs generates an error concerning the below style reference. Can I just add a random number there instead?

css/style.css?version=<%= Umbraco.Forms.Core.Configuration.Version %>
    Aug 07, 2012 @ 11:05
    Martin Lingstuyl

Oh, and also there seems to be something not working with the licensing file.

Can I just use the old one? (seems to be working ok, don't know what the changes are)

At /umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=37cf01d6430141458cf51c78b26abf92&id=-1&treeType=CMSImportWizard&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=89.3 (Referred by: http://nl.eft/umbraco/umbraco.aspx): System.TypeLoadException: Kan type Umbraco.Licensing.Webservices.Licensing niet laden vanuit assembly Umbraco.Licensing, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.     bij CMSImportCore.Licensing..cctor()
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft