Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carl Sargunar 68 posts 90 karma points MVP 3x
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 13:00
    Carl Sargunar

Workflows - Sending the form to a different email address dependent on input

Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to change the workflows of the submitted form to send to a diffrent email address dependant on input. There was nothing in the settings I could see but does Contour expose any events I could hook into prior to sending the email where I can modify the 'to' address dependant on form input

Thanks,

Carl

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 14:03
    Tom Fulton

Hi Carl,

You have a couple options.  First, Contour has some special syntax you can use in your workflow settings.  One that might work for you is to grab a value from the current page for the To address, you can do so by entering [#propertyAlias] in the workflow settings.  You can also grab form fields using {fieldcaption} if for example you wanted to send to the person filling out the form.  More info on these in the Developer Docs.

If you need more flexibility you can always create a custom workflow type.  This is very simple and then you have full control over where you obtain the "to" address from.  You can look at the source for the Send Mail Extended Workflow Type in Contour Contrib for a starting point, or check out the Contour Shared Source.

-Tom

• Carl Sargunar 68 posts 90 karma points MVP 3x
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 14:34
    Carl Sargunar

Thanks Tom - Second time in a week you've helped on here :)

• Kalle Ekstrand 181 posts 259 karma points c-trib
    Apr 09, 2012 @ 20:24
    Kalle Ekstrand

Hello Carl,

Did you manage to make anything out of this?

I am looking into making the same.

//Kalle

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft