Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Dec 30, 2011 @ 14:49
    Anthony Candaele

saving as a member action in Contour Workflow

Hi,

I'm facing the following challenge. Users registering on my Contour registration form should be saved as a jobseeker member or a employer member depending on wich option they chose (I'm looking for a job, I'm looking for a jobcandidate) in the registration form

With the 'save as Umbraco member' it only seems possible to save as a predetermined member type and member group:

What I would like to do is save as a jobseeker membertype or employer membertype depending on which option the user selected in the dropdownlist.

Is this possible with Contour, or should I create two Registration forms, one for "jobseekers" and one for "employers".

Thanks for your advice,

Anthony

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 30, 2011 @ 15:15

Hey Anthony,

Well the workflow doesn't make that possible at the moment so you'll need a custom workflow for that, if you start from the source from the one you are using it should only need a couple of small mods

Dec 30, 2011 @ 15:51
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Tim,

I'm afraid extending Contour Workflows is a bit above my head. So I'll hope one of the next versions of Contour will have this posibility built in. In the meantime I'll work with two registration forms.

Thanks for your information,

Anthony

Jan 01, 2012 @ 13:08
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Tim,

First of all a happy new year. May I wish you a good health, lot's of joy and happiness in 2012 and of course lots of exciting times and success in Umbraco Land :)

Concerning the custom Contour Workflow, I decided to give a go and also tackle the problem of saving checkbox list values to a member property of type ckeckbox list.

I read some documentation on creating custom workflows for Contour in the ContourDeveloperDocs.pdf . 

My only question is, how can I start from the 'save as Umbraco member' Workflow in the Contour Member Tools package. Should I download the source code of this package?

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

Jan 02, 2012 @ 11:06

Yup simply start from the source (think it's availble on the blogpost)

Jan 02, 2012 @ 17:56
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Tim,

I checked your blog post, but I couldn't find the source code there, there is only a link to the Contour Member Tools package on our.umbraco.org, but this package only contains compiled code.

greetings,

Anthony

Jan 03, 2012 @ 07:57
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 09:37
    Anthony Candaele

Ok thanks, I'll try to extend it with "saving as Umbraco member" based on a dropdownlist selection ("jobseeker" or "employer"). And I'll also try to tackle the problem that values from checkboxlists, radiobuttons and dropdownlists are not saved to equivalent member type properties.

Anthony

• Corey Sherman 55 posts 127 karma points
    Aug 08, 2012 @ 21:16
    Corey Sherman

Anthony,

Did you get anywhere on your efforts to use Contour to create a member dependant upon a dropdown selection?  If so, I would love to hear how you accomplished this, as I'm doing something similar and am a tad bit stuck...

Thanks,
    Corey 

Aug 10, 2012 @ 20:21
    Corey Sherman

If anyone stumbles upon this thread looking to use MemberTools to create a different MemberType depending on date in the form, here is what I did.

On line 74, insert the following code:

if (a[0].ToUpper() == "ENTEREDTYPE" && mapping.ToUpper() == "SELECTION")

{
        mtId = 1379;
    }

Replace ENTEREDTYPE with the label of your Contour Field Label you want to determine the type from, SELECTION with the selected value you are testing for, and 1379 with the ID of the MemberType you want to use.  In otherwords, if the field ENTEREDTYPE contains the value SELECTION, use the MemberType with the ID of 1379.

I hope that saves someone a little time.

Aug 10, 2012 @ 20:32
    Corey Sherman

Just to make sure I'm clear as to where you're placing it, you want to put it inside this if statement:

if ((!string.IsNullOrEmpty(mapping)))
    {
        if (a[0] == "__defaultname")
            nameMapping = mapping;
        else if (a[0] == "__defaultlogin")
            loginMapping = mapping;
        else if (a[0] == "__defaultemail")
            emailMapping = mapping;
        else if (a[0] == "__defaultpassword")
            passwordMapping = mapping;

else
        {
            mappings.Add(a[0], mapping);
            LogHelper.Debug(a[0] + " " + mapping);
        }
    }

• Simon 692 posts 1068 karma points
    Jul 21, 2015 @ 11:22
    Simon

Hi,

I am using Umbraco 7.2.6 and When I tried to install the Contour member tools package, it does not work.

Are there are custom workflow code available where I can save a new member and also edit member profile through Umbraco contour forms?

Thank you.

Appreciate.

Kind Regards.

Aug 03, 2015 @ 13:18

Check the code here https://contourstrikesagain.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#ContourStrikesAgain/Providers/WorkflowTypes/SaveAsUmbracoMember.cs

It does use the old member api so should be better to upgrade to the member service instead if you are on v7

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft