Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 49 posts 130 karma points
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 02:13
    Mark

contour server license?

Is there a Contour server license and how do I purchase one?

So the following FAQ questions below basically imply that there is a server licence.

Also if I purchase Umbraco Complete, is the Contour part of this package only for 1 licence, or is this perhaps a server licence?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Mark

from - http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/contour-support-and-download/license-questions.aspx
    Can I add additional domains to the license?

Yes, additional domains can be added for EUR59 (order here!).

It is however only meant for websites which has several domains. If you wish to use Umbraco Contour on multiple websites you would need a license per site or get a server license.

Is there an Umbraco Contour server edition?

No, It is only available as part of the Umbraco server license and will not be sold as an individual product

• Ben Norman 167 posts 276 karma points
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 10:15
    Ben Norman

how about that, I was just about to write the same question(s)

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 17:07
    Tim

Hi Mark, 

I don't think you can get a server license for Contour by itself sadly. There used to be a server license up on the site I think, but now they just have the Complete license (which gets you the pro version of Umbraco (lets you lock/unlock content and a few other extras), plus all the add ons (Courier, Contour, Concierge)) for a single domain, or Confidence, which is the same, but with a better support package.

You might still be able to get a server license, your best bet is to get in touch with the core team through the contact forn on the site: http://umbraco.com/contact.aspx they'll be ableto let you know for definite!

Hope that helps!

:)

• Mark 49 posts 130 karma points
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 21:22
    Mark

Just recieved reply back from support, in case anyone else is interested.

There are a couple of options for multiple sites in the same instance - we have a Complete Server License that allows unlimited use from a single-IP address (EUR 8,000) for all products (Contour, Courier, Concierge). We also have "additional" domain license that allows you to add domains to an existing license for use within an Umbraco instance. The additional domain license is EUR 59 for Contour and EUR 99 for Courier.

• Carl Sargunar 69 posts 91 karma points MVP 3x
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 11:41
    Carl Sargunar

I read that the additional domain license for coutour is only really for use where the same site has multiple domains. I have a site which will be  15 different language versions running contour with 15 different separate websites working under the same umbraco installation. Will contour be able to handle that?

Thanks,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft