Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hari 21 posts 41 karma points
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 06:47
    Hari

What is the oledb connection string for mysql?

Hi, 

What is the connection string for mysql in contour form datasource? 

Mydatabase name is contact,UserId is root,password is 1234,Network Name is localhost,Port- 3306

Help me to connect...

Thanks in advance,

Hari

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 06:53
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Hari,

Am not sure this would work with mysql. You also get your connection string from your web.config when you specified during Installation of your Umbraco Instance where your db will be.

Something like if am not wrong.

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="server=dev2;database=umbraco_iorim;user id=sql_eservices;password=slash!0" />

Aug 26, 2011 @ 07:09
    Hari

Hi Fuji, 

Thanks for ur reply. I want to connect it through the olebb connection string in the umbraco contour datasource. what i have to do for it? It is asking the provider name.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 08:00
    Fuji Kusaka

Hari am not sure what Provider name mysql needs to make the connection with your db. By default when you create a Prevalue Source and Choose SQl Database, it will automatically give you your Provider like this

Provider=SQLNCLI10;Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Uid=myUsername; Pwd=myPassword;

and you only have to change the Value of the Server, Database, Uid, Pwd according to your web.config and specify your Table Name, Key Column, Value Column as per your db.

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 26, 2011 @ 11:03

Hi,

Think you'll first need a MySQL OLE DB Provider and based on that provider you can then specify the connection string

http://cherrycitysoftware.com/ccs/providers/ProvMySQL.aspx

Aug 26, 2011 @ 17:01
    Hari

Fuji and Tim thanks for ur suggestions  

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft