Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andres Cano 22 posts 42 karma points
    Apr 14, 2011 @ 16:00
    Andres Cano

SendCountourEmail is not working, problem adding new feature to contour

hi everyone, im having some problem when im trying to add a new workflow to contour, im using the metod here described but is not working for me.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/extending-contour,-sending-email-dependent-on-form-selection

i create a new class and added to the bin folder in umbraco, the code of the class is this one:

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Web;
    using Umbraco.Forms.Core;
    using Umbraco.Forms.Core.Enums;
    using Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage;
    using System.Xml;
    using System.Xml.XPath;
    using Umbraco.Forms.Core.Attributes;
    using umbraco.BusinessLogic;

namespace SendContourEmail
    {
        public class SendContourEmail : WorkflowType
        {

// These regions set the fields in for new/cutom workflow you are wanting to create

[Setting("EmailLookUpField", description = "Enter the receiver email lookup field", control = "Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldSetting.TextField")]
            public string EmailLookUpField { get; set; }

[Setting("EmailFrom", description = "Email from field alias that contains email address", control = "Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldSetting.TextField")]
            public string EmailFrom { get; set; }

[Setting("Subject", description = "Enter the subject", control = "Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldSetting.TextField")]
            public string Subject { get; set; }

[Setting("Message", description = "Enter the intro message", control = "Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldSetting.TextArea")]
            public string Message { get; set; }

[Setting("ErrorEmailAddress", description = "Error logging email", control = "Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldSetting.TextField")]
            public string ErrorEmailAddress { get; set; }

public override List<Exception> ValidateSettings()
            {
                List<Exception> l = new List<Exception>();
                if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(EmailLookUpField))
                    l.Add(new Exception("'Email Look up field' setting not filled out'"));

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(Message))
                    l.Add(new Exception("'Message' setting not filled out'"));

return l;
            }

private const string LookUpFieldXpath = "//fields/child::* [caption = '{0}']";

// Generates the new workflow details for Contour in the workflow dropdown in Contour
            public SendContourEmail()
            {
                // Need to generate a new guid for the new custom workflow - add your own GUID
                this.Id = new Guid("55C192F4-65FB-11E0-8798-CF7DDFD72085");
                this.Name = "Send Custom Email";
                this.Description = "Send Email to the person who fill the form";
            }

public override WorkflowExecutionStatus Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e)
            {
                try
                {
                    RecordsViewer viewer = new RecordsViewer();
                    XmlNode xml = viewer.GetSingleXmlRecord(record, new XmlDocument());

XPathNavigator navigator = xml.CreateNavigator();
                    XPathExpression selectExpression = navigator.Compile("//fields/child::*");
                    selectExpression.AddSort("@pageindex", XmlSortOrder.Ascending, XmlCaseOrder.None, "", XmlDataType.Number);
                    selectExpression.AddSort("@fieldsetindex", XmlSortOrder.Ascending, XmlCaseOrder.None, "", XmlDataType.Number);
                    selectExpression.AddSort("@sortorder", XmlSortOrder.Ascending, XmlCaseOrder.None, "", XmlDataType.Number);

XPathNodeIterator nodeIterator = navigator.Select(selectExpression);

string list = "<dl>";

while (nodeIterator.MoveNext())
                    {

list += "<dt><strong>" + nodeIterator.Current.SelectSingleNode("caption").Value + ": </strong><dt><dd>";
                        XPathNodeIterator values = nodeIterator.Current.Select(".//value");
                        while (values.MoveNext())
                            list += values.Current.Value.Trim() + "<br/>";
                        list += "</dd>";
                    }

list += "</dl>";

string body = "<p>" + Message + "</p>" + list;

IEnumerable<string> emails = GetEmailAddressesViaLookUp(xml, body);

}
                catch (Exception ex)
                {
                    LogError(ex.ToString());
                }
                return WorkflowExecutionStatus.Completed;
            }

private IEnumerable<string> GetEmailAddressesViaLookUp(XmlNode xml, string emailBody)
            {
                // EmailLookUpField - this is the field which we have specified in the workflow that has the email address 
                // values assigned to them, in our case the "Sectors" checkbox list.
                string xpath = string.Format(LookUpFieldXpath, EmailLookUpField);
                string fromEmailXpath = string.Format(LookUpFieldXpath, EmailFrom);
                var addresses = new List<string>();
                XmlNode destiniationIds = xml.SelectSingleNode(xpath);
                XmlNode fromEmail = xml.SelectSingleNode(fromEmailXpath);

XmlNode emailFromNode = fromEmail.SelectSingleNode("values/value");
                EmailFrom = emailFromNode.InnerText;

if (destiniationIds != null)
                {
                    // Loops through the the List of emails and sends an email to each department
                    IEnumerable<string> emails = ExtractSectorsFromNodeXml(destiniationIds);
                    foreach (string email in emails)
                    {
                        SendMail(email, Subject, emailBody);
                    }
                }
                return addresses;
            }

private IEnumerable<string> ExtractSectorsFromNodeXml(XmlNode destinations)
            {
                var ids = new List<string>();
                XmlNodeList destinationNodes = destinations.SelectNodes("values/value");
                if (destinationNodes != null)
                {
                    foreach (XmlNode destinationNode in destinationNodes)
                    {
                        if (destinationNode.Attributes != null)
                            ids.Add(destinationNode.InnerText);
                    }
                }
                return ids;
            }

private void SendMail(string to, string subject, string message)
            {
                var m = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage
                {
                    From = new System.Net.Mail.MailAddress(EmailFrom),
                    Subject = subject,
                    IsBodyHtml = true
                };

m.To.Add(to);

m.Body = message;
                var s = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("localhost");
                s.Send(m);
            }

private void LogError(string ErrorMessage)
            {
                Log.Add(LogTypes.Error, 0, ErrorMessage);
                if (ErrorEmailAddress != string.Empty)
                {
                    SendMail(ErrorEmailAddress, "Contour custom workflow dmc lookup error", ErrorMessage);
                }
            }

}

}

at the end i only have the workflow form created with this but there is no email sent when i create a new field called email and put an email there to reaply Approved to the person who fill the form

and this is the image of the created workflow when i acces workflow in the backend of contour

thanks a lot for any help, i feel lost with this subject.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the only change that i did in the original code of the class was change "emailAdress" for "email" based on the case that i cant compile the class without having any errors.

Apr 14, 2011 @ 16:06
    Andres Cano

to add more info to the problem... the change that i made on the original code of the class, was in the line 120 of the code, and when i add the function to the workflow Approved, and i fill a test of the form, and click Approved on the backend of contour, notthing happened.

thatnks again for any help with this!

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 18, 2011 @ 10:35

Hi Andres,

And does the default send email workflow work?

DO you have a valid smtp sever setup in the web.config + a valid sender email address in the umbracosettings.config?

Apr 22, 2011 @ 17:07
    Andres Cano

yes, the default send email is working, but i was trying to setup this in the back end, to cnahged and use it as a template for diferent porpuses, i have a valid smtp server setup, and a valid sender email address in the umbracosettings.config, i just dont know why is not working, thanks again for any help!

• Jordi Flores 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 05, 2012 @ 11:53
    Jordi Flores

Hi Andres,

Some solution on this?

I've got the same problem.

I receive the email sent by "LogError" function, saying "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" at line 108 and 89 but I don't know why.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft