Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 11:28
    Martin Griffiths

Concierge in Umbraco 7

Hi Tim

As you're the custodian of Concierge now, is work in progress to make it compatible in Umbraco 7?

Kind regards

Martin

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 24, 2014 @ 11:40

Not in progress atm, will check the plans and let you know

• Vilius Janulis 38 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 14:41
    Vilius Janulis

Any news on this ?

• Rodske 74 posts 104 karma points
    Oct 15, 2014 @ 22:51
    Rodske

Is an upgrade even considered or is this an abandoned PRO feature in Umbraco 7?

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 21, 2014 @ 15:34
    Jeavon Leopold

I have a need for this in v7 also, any update from HQ on plans @Tim Geyssens?

• Comment author was deleted

Oct 21, 2014 @ 15:39

No update so far, will check with Niels

• Claire Hewitt 32 posts 59 karma points
    Nov 02, 2016 @ 12:23
    Claire Hewitt

Hi Tim

Did you get an update for this - will concierge be available for v7? We have several customers on v7, many of whom would like the locking functionality, as well as the reporting features.

Many thanks Claire

• Rob de Mercado 31 posts 147 karma points
    Nov 02, 2016 @ 12:38
    Rob de Mercado

Hi Claire, having spent some time replacing deprecated functions etc I am not far off having MyLocks working in Umbraco 7.5.3. Just a few things to do and should have it all working in a few weeks (working on it on and off).

I'm not sure if it's packageable as it includes changes to Umbraco files like umbraco.services.js, but I'm keeping full documentation of how to 'install' MyLocks for U7 and have applied it very easily in several new systems.

I'll post here when its working, I just want to get permission from Tim to re-use some of the functionality from his original package and perhaps give it a new namespace before I put it out there.

Oct 21, 2014 @ 16:07
    Jeavon Leopold

Ok, thanks Tim

Jan 08, 2015 @ 17:13
    Rob de Mercado

We are on the verge of commiting to Umbraco Complete package using v7, and would appreciate some indication of progress with v7 compatible Concierge please as the check-in/check-out functionality is a specific request from our web content team.

Jan 15, 2015 @ 10:48
    Rob de Mercado

Update : Just received this from Umbraco support;

"We actually do not plan on updating Concierge to v7, our reasoning is because there are similar free add-ons that community members have made. You can search for one that may fit your needs at http://our.umbraco.org/projects. "

In the vast array of projects I found and am currently trying out 'MyLocks'. Is anyone aware of any other projects which provide content check-in / check-out / Concierge style locking functionality?

Jan 15, 2015 @ 10:52
    Jeavon Leopold

MyLocks is not for v7, I'm not aware of any v7 package offering user node locking like Concierge & MyLocks currently...

Jan 15, 2015 @ 10:55
    Rob de Mercado

Yeah thanks Jeavon, I did see that MyLocks was not oficially supported in v7 but thought I'd give it a go anyway. The content locking is a bit of a show stopper for us but we want to start from scratch with v7 rather than upgrade from v6 (a somewhat dark art I'm led to believe) further down the line.

• Michael Sims 119 posts 387 karma points
    Feb 08, 2015 @ 23:05
    Michael Sims

Hi,
    Did anyone come up with a solution/alternative for this?

I haven't been able to find any alternative products and have confirmed that MyLocks does not work in Umbraco 7.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

Feb 09, 2015 @ 09:19
    Rob de Mercado

Hi Michael,
    I tweeted the author of MyLocks Jon Dunfee a few weeks ago. His response was swift and positive, saying 'Hopefully in the coming weeks and months, I intend to make both #MyLocks and #MySnippets v7 compatible. #umbraco'.

Hopefully the more of us who are interested in a v7 compatible MyLocks the more incentive there will be for Jon.

The file locking is kind of a deal breaker for us. The CMS we are hoping to move away from does have this functionality and is depended upon quite a lot.

Regards,

Rob.

• Paul de Quant 403 posts 1520 karma points
    Mar 20, 2015 @ 18:12
    Paul de Quant

Has anyone heard any more on this matter, would love to see Check In/Check out in Umbraco 7 - this topic comes up a lot when IT audits are due.

Thanks

Paul

• Liam 22 posts 158 karma points
    Jul 07, 2015 @ 09:59
    Liam

Anyone had any luck on a solution for this?

• Ashford Borough Council Dev Team 25 posts 158 karma points
    Jul 08, 2015 @ 09:47
    Ashford Borough Council Dev Team

Hi Paul and Liam,

I'm currently working to get the existing MyLocks over to v7. Making good progress with dashboard tab, event handlers and content tree parts. Having a few probs with the menu options. Also managed to get the required datatype set up in the new way v7 does it with Angular.

Hope to get it completed in the next few weeks unless Jon beats me to it, but all good U7 development experience for me anyway.

• Will 6 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 17, 2015 @ 09:38
    Will

Hi there Any update on this?

• Jason Prothero 422 posts 1243 karma points c-trib
    May 04, 2016 @ 20:20
    Jason Prothero

Do you have a Fork of your in progress work that you could share with us?

Thanks, Jason

• Paul de Quant 403 posts 1520 karma points
    Jul 08, 2015 @ 09:51
    Paul de Quant

Thanks for the update and good luck. Keep us all posted on the progress.

Cheers

Paul

• Ashkan Sirous 38 posts 231 karma points
    Oct 03, 2017 @ 13:29
    Ashkan Sirous

Hi everyone. Is there any updates on this? what is the best way in 2017?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft