Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stephanie 2 posts 73 karma points
    Jun 12, 2018 @ 17:28
    stephanie

create redirects using Umbraco 4

Can you create redirects using Umbraco 4? Our site was build with Umbraco 4 we are moving to a new site with a different domain name. I would like to create redirects for our Umbraco site to the new site. any way of doing this?

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 13, 2018 @ 23:10
    Nik

Hi Stephanie,

I'm starting with an apology, my advice is only speculative as I've not used Umbraco 4, but it should still be running under IIS so I'm assuming the following should still work - it might not.

If you are mass redirecting your entire site and the only thing changing is your domain name, you can use IIS Rewrite Module to redirect the old domain to the new domain. If you don't have access to the IIS console, you can configure this using some XML in your web.config file.

If you need to redirect individual URL's because the site structure is also changing for what ever reason, the same IIS Rewrite Module has a RewriteMap capability where you can list all your redirects and put those in place. You can then create a rewrite rule that looks in the map for matches.

To get you started with the IIS Rewrite Module this is a really helpful page on the Microsoft docs website :-)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/extensions/url-rewrite-module/creating-rewrite-rules-for-the-url-rewrite-module

Hope that gets you moving in the right direction.

Nik

• stephanie 2 posts 73 karma points
    Jun 14, 2018 @ 13:56
    stephanie

Thanks Nik. I will pass this info along to my manager!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft