Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• vivek 4 posts 73 karma points
    Feb 07, 2018 @ 05:38
    vivek

Hello,

I have recently strated working on umbraco forms

I am preparing one register form for my website In register form, System should register the user details on keycloak and user database table

However, I am able to prepare umbraco form UI using video but I searched a lot for integration part for web API call on submit of umbraco form but did not succeed .

I appreciate if some one can help me to give a hint to call my surface controller on click of umbraco register form (which is made from umbracoforms)

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 07, 2018 @ 10:01
    Nik

Hi Vivek,

You have two options really here, but both of them utilise a simpler approach.

Both concepts involve using Umbraco Forms Workflows (I belive there is an Umbraco TV series about this).

You could 1) Use the built in workflow that posts to a URL 2) You could create your own custom one that does what ever you need.

I don't believe it is possible to change where an Umbraco Form posts initially so you couldn't get it to post to your controller instead of the Umbraco Forms submission process.

Thanks,

Nik

Feb 07, 2018 @ 10:06
    vivek

Thank you for reply Nik,

So as per your view it is not possible to mold umbraco forms post action towards surface controller ? right ?

is there any other way to call umbraco surface controller on click of umbraco form's submit apart from workflow built in option ?

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 07, 2018 @ 10:14
    Nik

Hi Vivek,

Not that I'm aware of. Umbraco Forms has it's own process for handling it's submission. It has to post to the Umbraco Forms controllers. That is why they added workflows to allow you to action your additional behaviour.

Thanks,

Nik

Feb 07, 2018 @ 10:17
    vivek

ok.

Thank you for information

so is there way to find that umbraco form data on Umbraco Forms controllers please suggest link for reference for that . please suggest if it is handy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft