Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christian A 24 posts 98 karma points c-trib
    Feb 05, 2018 @ 14:41
    Christian A

Workflow editor not working without debug=true in web.config

I have a problem with the Workflow editor not working, unless i have compilation debug set to true in the web.config. When the setting is not present or set to false (which it should be in production environment), the Workflow editor does not work, but throws error like this in the console:

enter image description here

Any ideas?

We are running on an "old" Umbraco 7.2.4 with Forms 4.4.4. For different reasons updating the components are not possible.

• Rick Mason 38 posts 169 karma points
    Feb 05, 2018 @ 15:04
    Rick Mason

Check that any references to DependencyHandler.axd are actually loading some JavaScript.

One difference setting compilation="debug" makes is to load JS from the original file URLs rather than going via DependencyHandler.axd, so if there's a problem with DependencyHandler.axd then setting compilation="debug" makes the problem go away. (I found this when I had ClientDependency config in a subfolder rather than the root.)

• Christian A 24 posts 98 karma points c-trib
    Feb 05, 2018 @ 15:35
    Christian A

All references are loading and i know it disables the ClientDependency handler when in debug mode. Rest of forms functionality works fine and it only has a single JS, which is loaded, so something else must conflict.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft