Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2018 @ 15:06
    Craig100

What does the form fields mapping do in "Send form to URL"?

I might be too optimistic here but I'm hoping I can use Umbraco Forms "Send form to URL" to post a form result to MailChimp by mapping the form fields to the MailChimp fields. There doesn't seem to be any explanation in the docs of what the field mapping does so thought I'd ask here.

There are three fields in each mapping row: Alias, Form Value and Static Value. The Form Value is self evident as it's a dropdown of your form fields. What is supposed to go in the Alias and Static Value fields? I'm hoping I can put the MailChimp field name in Alias, not at all sure about Static Value.

If anyone could advise, I'd appreciate it and maybe even update the docs :)

Thnx. Mapping Fields

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2018 @ 16:16
    Steve Morgan

Looks like you've got it right to me. The static field is only used if you need to hardcode a value (say a URL, or newsletter group or whatever) - you leave it blank for form fields.

It's been a while since I've dabbled with this though!

Steve

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2018 @ 16:22
    Craig100

Thanks for the reassurance. Last thing is to be able to trigger the workflow if they check an opt-in box. Not sure I'm not going to have to build my own workflow for that ;)

• Steve Morgan 1345 posts 4452 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2018 @ 16:59
    Steve Morgan

Oh - I think you'll need to write a custom workflow for that. I don't believe that you can have conditions on the out of the box workflows but I might be wrong!

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Extending/Adding-a-Workflowtype

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft