Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gareth Stewart 14 posts 86 karma points
    Nov 03, 2017 @ 11:03
    Gareth Stewart

Auto population of Form title in emails and Single choice "Mandatory" check fails

I have 2 issue with the Forms controls.

Using Umbraco 7.7.4 and Forms 6.0.2

The '{form_name}' currently doesn't appear to be auto populating, but I can only find a reference to this been an issue back in version Umbraco 6.0.4.

Is this issue back?

When using the "Single choice" control and setting the field to be "Mandatory" the form will not allow submission. Even when an entry is selected it always fails the "Mandatory" check.

Does anyone have a solution for these issues :-) ?

• Ravi Motha 290 posts 500 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Nov 07, 2017 @ 15:09
    Ravi Motha

Are you getting any values coming through from the form to idenfy it, like the id??

This may be new breaking bug if you are getting nothing , with the second one, it may be a case f you need to walk through the logic of what the control is doing, because your field maybe doing the opposite of what you expect because of the way the rule is set..

ie double check its the right way round..

Ravi

Nov 07, 2017 @ 15:28
    Gareth Stewart

Ravi,

Hi, the '{form_name}' just returns ''... we have just hard coded them as a work around now.

The radio buttons in the "Single choice" answer type set to mandatory will not pass the check no matter if one of them is selected or not.

Gareth

Nov 07, 2017 @ 15:36
    Ravi Motha

okay that first one sounds like an issue, with single choice have you tried it with a different type or deleting the existing one and adding a new one with new rules , try one where it is not mandatory.. for example

can you get any other data from the form , the Unique Id for exmaple??

if not that may be a logic bug, and you may need to step through to see where and why its returning a false positive

ravi

Nov 07, 2017 @ 15:50
    Gareth Stewart

I have created a new form with just a "Single Choice" answer type, this has its "Mandatory" flag set to true.

When the form is run you are unable to submit the form because the check to see if you have clicked the radio button is failing. even if you select one of the options.

If I change the answer type to a "Dropdown" the form works as expected. If I don't select an option it fails. If i select one of the options it submits ok.

Nov 07, 2017 @ 15:54
    Gareth Stewart

form settings

Nov 07, 2017 @ 16:48
    Ravi Motha

Only difference is the following 7.7.3 and I specified an error message

enter image description here

Nov 07, 2017 @ 16:49
    Ravi Motha

seems okay

Nov 07, 2017 @ 16:55
    Gareth Stewart

I have specified a message in my one to. If i select an option and submit the form the mandatory error occurs telling me to select one of the items in the list?

Nov 07, 2017 @ 16:58
    Ravi Motha

okay that means its the post part of the worflow that may not be working , ie you need to look at your logs to see what behind the senes error is being generated

If you haven't already I'd highly recommend Dan Diplo Trace Log viewer to give you a quick help up

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/diplo-trace-log-viewer/

I suspect an error is being generated elsewhere like a mail failure

Nov 07, 2017 @ 17:08
    Gareth Stewart

Ravi,

I think we may be talking at cross purposes here. I would send you a link but it is behind our security here on an intranet site.

The form and workflow function OK. It is purely the validation on this one Answer type. The radio buttons mandatory check fails even if an item is selected. If I change the Answer type to a drop down the validation works and I can submit the form.

This is not an issue I have had recently on our other Umbraco instillation. This is only something I have noticed in this version of Umbraco.

enter image description here

Nov 07, 2017 @ 17:13
    Ravi Motha

Like i said I've tried to recreate your issue, and apart from being a single point version behind, I'm not able to get the error or javascript issue to manifest the way you say you are..

I'd post a link to this message on the umbraco slack, maybe someone else can see what I am not and give you the help you need or if you have support maybe raise a ticket, it may be a bug..

Ravi

Nov 07, 2017 @ 17:14
    Gareth Stewart

Ok. Thank you.

Dec 21, 2017 @ 12:28
    Gareth Stewart

Mandatory check fails in forms (Present in Forms version 6.0.5 as well) The fix I have found for this if you are using the "bootstrap3-horizontal" theme (default theme works ok), is to add the missing class back into the FieldType.RadioButtonList.cshtml template in:-

Views\partials\forms\themes\bootstrap3-horizontal\fieldtypes\

<div id="@Model.Id">

should be

<div class="radiobuttonlist" id="@Model.Id">

This will allow the validation to work correctly.

I hope this helps someone.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft