Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• EJS 6 posts 89 karma points
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 08:05
    EJS

Forms condition show/hide doesn't work

I am using Umbraco Forms with a form that has a couple of conditional fields that should only show when a single choice field has a certain value. Like:

Sample condition

Where Yes or no is a radio button field.

However, the conditional fields never show. I assume I have set up the form scripts correctly, as per the instruction. The form scripts are indeed loaded, and I can set a break point in the js code at line 135, method Chrome debugger The "shouldShow variable" correctly determines the field should show when the value is Yes. Still, the conditional field is not rendered...

I'm on Umbraco Cloud using the latest version of Umbraco Forms (not yet 6.0.4. which is scheduled this week).

Any clues? Thanks in advance!

• Jose Gonzalez 15 posts 98 karma points
    Oct 25, 2017 @ 14:20
    Jose Gonzalez

This is a bug, basically the javascript code on umbracoforms-conditions.js is trying to get the html object using a non existent contour class.

As a workaround, you can put this javascript code on your page to add that class to the forms elements:

$(document).ready(function () { $(".umbraco-forms-field").addClass("contourField"); });

Probably the Umbraco Forms guys will fix this very soon.

• OleP 67 posts 276 karma points
    Aug 31, 2018 @ 11:11
    OleP

I'm not sure it's a bug. The problem is using the umbracoforms-conditions.js file in \App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Assets and not the one in \App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Assets\themes\default The file in the assets folder seems to be deprecated, but is still used if no theme is found. For me, it was an issue of loading the scripts wrongly, when trying to render the script before the </body> tag.

I was following this documentation, as it was not marked as v4.x.x at the time: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Rendering-Scripts/

What you should do, is following this documentation: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Themes/#rendering-script-content-separately

• Dimitar Dyankov 3 posts 75 karma points
    Aug 31, 2018 @ 10:58
    Dimitar Dyankov

Thank you Jose, this is still broken in 7.0.3 ... I upgraded from umbraco forms 4.4.3 to 7.0.3 and took me a while to decide what to do as I did not want to edit umbraco forms code.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft