Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Ashton 57 posts 89 karma points
    Aug 08, 2017 @ 10:11
    Chris Ashton

Forms and .json files in S3

Hi all,

We have a requirement to run Umbraco in an Elastic Beanstalk load-balanced environment, which I believe presents some difficulties for Forms due to to the files stored in /App_Data/UmbracoForms/Data.

We use the NuGet package Umbraco.Storage.S3 to offload media to S3, and I'm wondering if it is possible to do something similar with Forms (I've tried doing this, but haven't had much success).

Has anyone successfully used this NuGet package in this way, or had success with an alternative S3 package?

Thanks, Chris

Umbraco: 7.6.3, Forms: 6.0.2

• Phil Atkinson 51 posts 244 karma points
    Sep 05, 2017 @ 09:48
    Phil Atkinson

adding a new "forms" alias to the FileSystemProviders should work but on my initial go it doesn't seem to work 100%. when I create a form the folders and json forms files are saved to my S3 bucket. However, retrieval doesn't work. It keeps adding extra "forms/" onto my path route for every request, which eventually means it crashes with some overflow exception. There is something a miss when you use your own filesystemProvider with forms... the hunt continues...

• Chris Ashton 57 posts 89 karma points
    Sep 05, 2017 @ 11:35
    Chris Ashton

Phil – this is what I ended up getting when using the 'forms' alias. ;-(

Sep 05, 2017 @ 12:34
    Phil Atkinson

I suspect a bug in the umbraco.storage.S3: I remember implementing "media" about a year ago and if we used a bucketKeyPrefix that wasn't set to "media" it didn't work. It feels related....

Sep 20, 2017 @ 12:32
    Phil Atkinson

my pull request has now been merged to fix this problem, it now works!! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft