Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobias Larm 5 posts 95 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 13:08
    Tobias Larm

Edit and update the record data

Hey there,

I'm trying to open/edit submitted data for a form to be able to update the record but I can't get it to work.

Isn't the Html.RenderAction("Render", "UmbracoForms") supposed be able to do just that? If i provide a recordId along with the formId, isn't the main idea to populate the form with data from that record ?

I've also tried to create my own form, which works when it comes to populating the form with the record data but then the controller can't seem to find the form via the form GUID I've provided. I use the UpdateRecord function in the controller.

Does anyone have a neat, swift, easy fix for this ?

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 14:46
    Paul Seal

Hi Tobias

I think they took out the ability to edit form records a while ago, because all you had to do was put a querystring on the end like this ?recordId=234 and it would show you the record. That was all well and good but also meant people could see the data that had been by someone else if they got the record id right in the querystring.

I hope that makes sense and helps you understand why it's not a feature any more.

Paul

• Tobias Larm 5 posts 95 karma points
    Jul 31, 2017 @ 14:54
    Tobias Larm

Hi Paul,

And thank you for your answer! I'll go with my initial idea then, and handle it with a controller of my own.

I see that it could be a security issue, and understand why the feature is gone.

Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft