Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex Lindgren 159 posts 356 karma points
    Jun 27, 2017 @ 21:04
    Alex Lindgren

jQuery Validate has not been loaded message after 4.4.3 upgrade

We have a 7.5.x site on Umbraco Cloud that uses Forms for the contact form. It started showing the "jQuery Validate has not been loaded & is required for Umbraco Forms. See Umbraco Forms Documentation" message. We have the following loaded on the page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery-validate/1.15.0/jquery.validate.min.js"></script> 
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery-validation-unobtrusive/3.2.6/jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js"></script>

I'm not sure exactly when this broke, but Umbraco Cloud did update Umbraco Forms 7 hours ago and our last submission was 11 hours ago, so it might have been related to that upgrade. Any one else have similar issues?

Jun 28, 2017 @ 14:07
    Alex Lindgren

Turns out the auto-upgrade to Forms 4.4.3 updated the forms partial view macro. We had previously updated the macro per the documentation on Rendering Forms scripts where you want, but the upgrade had undid that change. Adding back the mode = "form" to the RenderAction parameters fixed my issue.

I do find it problematic that this Umbraco Cloud auto-update to Forms undoes this. I'm not sure how they could fix this since the upgrade problably requires writing over the file, but a warning/notice before the upgrade that this change could be lost would be nice.

Jun 28, 2017 @ 14:38
    Alex Lindgren

Good news - this shouldn't be a problem with Umbraco Forms 6 which has themes.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft