Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tobias Nylin 24 posts 117 karma points
    Jun 20, 2017 @ 11:16
    Tobias Nylin

Multiple entries on submit

Hi! Our customer is reporting an issue. Sometimes when a user is submitting a form, multiple entries (mostly 8) are created and thus multiple e-mails are sent.

At first I thought it was because the user spammed the submit button, however, it feels unlikely that the user accidentaly clicked the button 8 times. Also, the button gets disabled with JS when submitting.

I've tried recreating this issue without success. The customer said that the users who reported this issue used Chrome and IE. I've tried in Chrome, IE11, IE10, IE9 and it works as expected for me.

Anyone had this issue? Some specific browser/OS that Forms doesn't support?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 26, 2017 @ 11:49
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tobias,

Could it be this issue that you have hit into? http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1185

You are more than welcome to add your findings.

Best,

/Dennis

• Tobias Nylin 24 posts 117 karma points
    Aug 24, 2017 @ 08:45
    Tobias Nylin

I looked at the issue you linked, the issue is similar but I don't think it is the same problem.

We only use 1 form per page but still several entries are created and multiple e-mails sent.

I noticed that this happens for several of our sites. They all use "Umbraco Forms" version "4.4.2". But they differ in the version of "Umbraco" so I guess the problem is with "Umbraco Forms".

I've tried to find a changelog for "Umbraco Forms" to see if this issue has been handled, but without success. I'm considering updating "Umbraco Forms" to a newer version but it would like to know if it will fix the problem.

Help much appreciated!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft