Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Esther 1 post 71 karma points
    May 29, 2017 @ 10:06
    Esther

Can the default value of Forms - User Security - "HasAccess" be changed?

Hi,

My understanding is that by default, every backend user receives access to a newly created form, provided they have access to the forms section altogether. Now, if that's not what we want, would it be possible to change somewhere the default value in Umbraco Forms - User Security - "HasAccess" (per user) to false?

A little bit of context: For my client's intranet, we would like to put the concept of a form owner in place where that person is the only employee in the company being able to see the form's data records. Changing the settings manually in the backend for each user everytime a new form is created won't be acceptable for my client, given the number of backend users.

I have been looking through the database, config-files and js files but unfortunately had no success in finding that one setting which would make the difference. Given this is my first Umbraco project, of course it is possible I have missed something. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help, Esther

• Ben Norman 167 posts 276 karma points
    Nov 30, 2017 @ 17:39
    Ben Norman

+1 for option to change the default access. If User 1 adds a form and User 2 has group membership that allows access to view and manage forms then all forms created by User 1 can be seen by User 2. I have to go in and make sure User 2 can only see the Forms that they create currently.

It would be great if I could configure the system to only let User 2 see forms that User 2 creates by default and therefor User 1 forms are not visible to User 2 unless I specifically allow that.

• Fredrik Esseen 608 posts 904 karma points
    May 09, 2018 @ 09:25
    Fredrik Esseen

Does anyone know if this is changed in the later versions of Forms? I cant find it in any of the new releases.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft