Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6445 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Nov 16, 2016 @ 14:14
    Dennis Adolfi

Form workflows json files disappears.

Hi.

I´ve noticed this before on another project but eventually it solved itself so I forgot about it, but now it happend again and I wonder what the issue might be.

Basicly, i can create form in Umbraco forms, add fields and workflows and everything seems fine. But after a while I get an error saying that there is a .json file missing in the workflow folder. See error:

Unable to load form: Could not find file '768225e7-77b8-420f-a26c-74a75ddb8a33.json' in the folder C:\...\App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Data\workflows

When I go to check this folder, it is correct, there is no file there with that name. So I created a new form and directly checked the /data/workflows folder, and as I created my new form a .json file is created in this folder. But then again, after a while, i get the same error, and the file has magicly disappeard. (!).

After this happens, I can no longer open or edit my forms. See image:

enter image description here

Anyone else got this issue? This is the second project i get this in and they are both the latest version of Umbraco 7.5.4 and Forms 4.3.3.

Thank you in advance!

• Janus Kamp Hansen 16 posts 153 karma points
    Nov 16, 2016 @ 14:22
    Janus Kamp Hansen

I haven't experianced this before. I guess that you've also verified that the file exists on disk in that folder.

Have you checked that the IIS-user have security-read-permissions all the way to the folder?

Sometimes (during the .NET frameworks lifetime) I have experianced that doing a simple System.IO.File.Exists("filename") required read-permissions all the way from the root of the drive.

Just a tip... I hope it can help you.

Nov 16, 2016 @ 14:31
    Dennis Adolfi

Thank you Janus for your reply.

Unfortunatly, this was not the issue. I run my install locally and all my users have read/write permissions.

I managed to get the error again, and this time i was able to screenshop the error view i get when i try to save the form:

enter image description here

Also I get this error:

Unable to load form: Unable to get Form with ID: '26047e3f-0f59-4b1f-b558-4a3ea3d56472' off disk or from the cache. Check the file exists on disk

• Janus Kamp Hansen 16 posts 153 karma points
    Nov 16, 2016 @ 14:39
    Janus Kamp Hansen

Are you running it inside Visual Studio or WebMatrix? Because then you could create simple UmbracoApiController with a method that printed:

HttpContext.Current.Server.Mappath to see if it matches the folder:

using System.Web;
    using System.Web.Http;
    using Umbraco.Web.WebApi;

namespace MyProjectName.Code
    {
        public class CheckPathController : UmbracoApiController
        {

[HttpGet]
            public string CheckPath()
            {

return HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("/");

}

}
    }

Or try to do a:

System.IO.File.Exists(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("/path and filename from site-root");

• Heather Floyd 603 posts 1001 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 05, 2017 @ 13:43
    Heather Floyd

This same thing just happened to me today. I was working on a form yesterday, then I opened it today, removed a workflow and clicked "Save" and received the same message you did ("Access to the path is denied..."), then when I closed the dialog with the error, I got the red-bar message about "Unable to load form: Unable to get Form with ID:..." and the form has disappeared from the interface.

Since it had been committed to git prior to this issue, I was able to "discard" the "missing" file (thus restoring the original file from the repo). When I refreshed the Forms list, it reappeared - but if I clicked on it, I was still receiving the "red-bar" error and it wouldn't open in the right-pane.

Interestingly, when I then right-clicked on it and selected "copy", and typed in a new name, I WAS able to open the new copied file - and the fields all appeared in the right pane as they were before. I was able to delete the workflow and save the new version of the form successfully.

Of course, the annoying thing about this "workaround" is that the GUID for the form has now changed, and any places where it has been specified (like using the "Insert form" macro) need to be updated.

Jan 09, 2017 @ 11:53
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Heather.

Thank you for your update. It's nice to hear that i'm not alone with this problem. :)

I noticed in issues.umbraco.org that this should be fixed in one of the recent Umbraco Forms builds: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1231.

Take care! / Dennis

Jan 09, 2017 @ 13:30
    Heather Floyd

Thanks for the great news, Dennis!

Happy New Year!

~Heather

• Al Nicholl 15 posts 97 karma points
    Jan 17, 2017 @ 12:12
    Al Nicholl

Hi Heather and Dennis,

Thanks for updating this as I've just come across it in Forms 4.4.0. I'm hopefully going to get away with not having to touch my forms until 4.4.1 comes out with a fix.

Cheers,

Al

Jan 17, 2017 @ 21:50
    Heather Floyd

I am very much looking forward to the 4.4.1 release - this bug just killed a form on a live Umbraco Cloud site today. Ugh. :-(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft