Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Sep 22, 2016 @ 14:24
    MuirisOG

Umbraco Forms installation

I've tried to install Umbraco Forms to trial it and hit an error.

Now when I view my site, I got a YSOD, with the message

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 104.40.210.33:80 

Please help...

Sep 22, 2016 @ 15:29
    MuirisOG

So... I deleted the new dlls in the bin folder, (there weren't any changes to the web.config), namely:

epplus.dll
    umbraco.forms.core.dll
    umbraco.forms.core.providers.dll
    umbraco.forms.web.dll
    umbraco.forms.we.xmlserializers.dll
    umbraco.licensing.dll

and removed the forms package, and now only get the errors below in the backoffice when I click on the Forms section

Request error:  The URL returned a 404 (not found): 
    /app_plugins/umbracoforms/backoffice/dashboards/licensing.html  

/app_plugins/umbracoforms/backoffice/dashboards/yourforms.html  

/app_plugins/umbracoforms/backoffice/dashboards/activity.html 

Can the software be downloaded to trial it out locally?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Sep 22, 2016 @ 15:49
    Nicholas Westby

You should be able to trial it. However, to fix your errors, you will also want to remove any Umbraco Forms related entries in dashboard.config, trees.config, and applications.config (all in the config folder).

Sep 22, 2016 @ 16:02
    MuirisOG

Nicholas

I really appreciate your help.

I've copied the dashboard.config section from another installation and it is now back to normal.

I'm still not sure why I'm getting an error from the remote server when I try to install it.

Sep 22, 2016 @ 16:39
    MuirisOG

I used an IP lookup on the IP Address in my first post and brings up umbraco.com

Can it have something to do with the licensing?

Nov 29, 2016 @ 12:28
    MuirisOG

Hi everyone,

I've tried to install Forms on v 7.5.2 and I'm still getting the error I posted originally (re the "No connection...")

I've mastered the art of uninstalling forms manually, but any help on installing it and getting past this error would be great, thanks.

Muiris

Nov 29, 2016 @ 16:57
    Nicholas Westby

Yeah, I suspect it's something to do with the licensing.

Which version of Umbraco Forms are you attempting to use?

Also, try visiting umbraco.com from the machine you are trying to run the website from (to confirm there isn't a firewall blocking it).

Nov 29, 2016 @ 18:34
    MuirisOG

Right

I've managed to install version 4.2.2 and it ran through without any problems.

I'm not sure what's going on with version 4.3.3, but I think I might just leave it for now while I trail out version 4.2.2.

Just for info, I had another post running with the same issue here: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-forms/80115-install-of-forms-fails

Thanks for all your help, Nicholas, it really is very much appreciated.

Muiris.

Update: uninstalled v422, tried v433 again, same problem, so back to v422 until there's another release.

Dec 01, 2016 @ 17:32
    MuirisOG

This is getting me down.

I can't install v4.4.0 (which came out last night) either.

I think it's because our proxy server is blocking access to the internet, but this means that the Forms package can't be installed and tested on localhost, behind a firewall. Why it should want to connect to this Microsoft Azure server is another question. You would think that the CMS site should not be requesting anything on the internet that I haven't sanctioned.

Here's the part of the error which is causing the problem, I believe:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 104.40.210.33:80
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Request information: 
        Request URL: http://localhost:1600/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/PackageInstall/InstallData 
        Request path: /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/PackageInstall/InstallData 
        User host address: ::1 
        User:  
        Is authenticated: False 
        Authentication Type:
        Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\myAppPool 

Dec 02, 2016 @ 16:15
    MuirisOG

Right,

104.40.210.33 is umbraco.com, and the Install code is looking for a licence there.

It is failing a) because I don't have a licence, and b) because it is stuck behind a firewall.

It is also looking for umbracoForms.lic in the /bin folder. Is there any way of creating this for a trail of Umbraco Forms?

Update: how much trouble am I in for putting an empty umbracoForms.lic file in the /bin folder and FINALLY getting Umbraco Forms to work on localhost!?

I'm not by-passing any license agreements, am I, as I certainly will not put this into a live environment without purchasing the licence?

Dec 02, 2016 @ 17:44
    Nicholas Westby

Haha, nice workaround. I'm sure the Umbraco HQ team will understand. Hopefully they'll also provide some guidance on how such a scenario ought to be handled in general.

If anybody from the core team is reading this, is there a good way for Umbraco Forms to be used on a server that has firewall rules blocking outbound web traffic?

Dec 06, 2016 @ 17:44
    MuirisOG

Hold the phone!

I've just seen the package you've created.

I'll take a gander at that as well.

(Why didn't you say!?)

Thanks,

MuirisOG

Dec 06, 2016 @ 19:26
    Nicholas Westby

I've just seen the package you've created.

(Why didn't you say!?)

I try to respect the Umbraco core team by not directing people away from their tools (it's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the short version). However, since you've stumbled across the package I created, feel free to send me a message if you'd like to chat about it further: http://www.nicholaswestby.com/contact/

Dec 07, 2016 @ 10:02
    MuirisOG

Understood...

I am going to play around with Contour for a bit first, and then I'll definitely look at your package, and I'll provide feedback on the process I go through.

Thanks again,

Muiris

Dec 07, 2016 @ 15:32
    MuirisOG

...and when I said "Understood", I really didn't!

I've just had time to skim through the thread from last year, where it seems you first proposed your alternative to Contour/Forms.

It seemed to end on a positive note, in any case.

Thanks again,

Muiris

Dec 06, 2016 @ 16:20
    MuirisOG

After all that, I find I can't use Umbraco Forms with WebForms.

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/66950-umbraco-forms-webforms-usercontrol

So, Contour it is, then...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft